Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Does anyone know if Riu palace riveria maya allows people to bring mugs to get refills on drinks? (also to keep everyones drinks colder for a longer period of time) I am thinking of buying a mug for everyone but I am not sure if they will allow it. Any thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Stephanie072007 View Post

 

Does anyone know if Riu palace riveria maya allows people to bring mugs to get refills on drinks? (also to keep everyones drinks colder for a longer period of time) I am thinking of buying a mug for everyone but I am not sure if they will allow it. Any thoughts?

Yes, I believe you can.  I bought them for all my guests.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope everyone's planning is going great. I'm getting down to the wire here, and need to begin. I'm the procrasinator. I was wondering if anyone knew what their time line for the day was like. I got a suggested timeline & places from the new wedding coordinator and not sure what to think.

 

She suggested I have a semi-private welcome dinner at botofogo - (i thought in the past ladies just had tables set aside at don manalo?) What is anyone doing for their Welcome/rehearsal dinner?

 

She also had a few more suggestions for the day. I'm unaware to even know where to begin. I appreciate her suggestions, but was wondering what everyone's timeline for the day looked like to compare? I'd really appreciate the help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Sweet Emily,

 

I am at the 3 month mark - the stress has started!  LOL!

 

My timeline is as follows for Tuesday, April 2:

 

4:00 PM          Wedding at Gazebo

4:30 PM          Group Photos

5:15 PM          Semi-Private Cocktail Hour at Lirico Bar

7:00 PM          Private Reception at Chili's Steakhouse

 

My Welcome/Rehearsal Dinner is Monday, April 1st at 7 PM at Don Monalo Buffet (semi-private - they will set some tables up in a segeragated area behind the desserts for our group).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Elissa! :) I'm getting so excited & stressed. It's almost time for you! I'm so excited and can't wait to find out how everything turns out for you!! 3 Months away, just so crazy!!

 

Thank you for your timeline, it is pretty similiar to what she suggested for my day. So that makes me a little more at ease. Although Im going to talk her into letting me have the cocktail hour possibly near the beach. So many options, and it maybe just me and my "thinking" way too much, but its a bit stressful with this new girl.

 

& I completley overlooked taking photos. When are you taking photos of just you & Bill?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi ladies, I haven't posted for a while, my wedding isn't till nov so I still have still have a ways to go. (Although this last year has flown by so im sure this next one will as well!!) I have a few questions for everyone: How many hours are you getting the photographer? Anyone doing pics before the ceremony? Mine will be in the winter so the timing of it all is a little weird with sunset at 5. Has anyone confirmed if you can bring an iPod player to the cocktail hour? Does anyone have plans for what they will do after their reception? I haven't found a while lot of reviews of the riu tequila dance club but what I have was not so great. It's so close and would be great if we could all go there afterwards. Elissa could you message me any other pics or pricing you have? You already sent me the resort pricing :) It's so exciting and wonderful to be able to follow you all on this journey!! I'm not sure what I would have done without this site!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by shes2013 View Post

 

Thanks Elissa! :) I'm getting so excited & stressed. It's almost time for you! I'm so excited and can't wait to find out how everything turns out for you!! 3 Months away, just so crazy!!

 

Thank you for your timeline, it is pretty similiar to what she suggested for my day. So that makes me a little more at ease. Although Im going to talk her into letting me have the cocktail hour possibly near the beach. So many options, and it maybe just me and my "thinking" way too much, but its a bit stressful with this new girl.

 

& I completley overlooked taking photos. When are you taking photos of just you & Bill?

Em,

 

My stress started full throttle this week.  My R.S.V.P. due date was this past Wednesday 1/2/13.  We've had a good response (a lot of bookings), but some people just don't respond at all?  I mean, we can assume they have not booked by now or asked questions by now, that they are a no, but COME ON!  RESPOND!  (LOL!)  Also, my Mom is throwing me a shower on 1/19/13 and she is getting slow responses (hence my FB status last night.)

 

We are going to use the Resort Photographer Adventure Photo's.  I've been corresponding with Petar Gachevski.  I think we may do the Full 1 day coverage package which includes getting ready, ceremony, photo session, cocktail party, reception & cake cutting.  I may add an additonal photographer for  1-2 hours to cover ceremony and Bill getting ready.  I think we are going to do photos of Bill & I and also have them take couple photos/group photos of our guests on the beach.

 

You are right behind me - I will pass you the torch!!! xoxo  Let me know if O cna be of any help or a soundboard!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Jez111213 View Post

 

Hi ladies,

I haven't posted for a while, my wedding isn't till nov so I still have still have a ways to go. (Although this last year has flown by so im sure this next one will as well!!) I have a few questions for everyone:

How many hours are you getting the photographer? Anyone doing pics before the ceremony? Mine will be in the winter so the timing of it all is a little weird with sunset at 5.

Has anyone confirmed if you can bring an iPod player to the cocktail hour?

Does anyone have plans for what they will do after their reception? I haven't found a while lot of reviews of the riu tequila dance club but what I have was not so great. It's so close and would be great if we could all go there afterwards.

Elissa could you message me any other pics or pricing you have? You already sent me the resort pricing :)

It's so exciting and wonderful to be able to follow you all on this journey!! I'm not sure what I would have done without this site!!

Jez111213 - welcome back sister!  Like I told Emily, I think we are doing the Full 1 day package unless Bill talks me into going down to the 3 hour coverage...I think I will stand my ground.  My 1st wedding (his 2nd) and I want pics of the whole PARTY!  woot2.gifThe only pics I will do before the ceremony are getting ready..not sure if I want to do a first look session....I think I'd rather have Bill's first look be seeing me walk down the aisle.  I switched our ceremony time for 5 PM to 4 PM so we could enjoy the cigar roller we hired for the cocktail hour...and it buys us a little more time for pics before cocktail hour.  We don't want to miss a thing!

 

I am pretty sure (based on brides of the past) that you can bring your iPod, but there is a fee involved if you want to hook it up to their sound system.  Unless you bring portable speakers.  You may want to double check with Ariadna.  She replaced Nancy.

 

Our private reception will be 7 PM - 11 PM...we are paying an additonal $150 to have the restaurant for the additional hour (10 - 11 PM)...I tell ya - higway robbery!  lol  On our Wedding Day Timeline I put a After Hours at our room after the reception since we reserved the 2 story suite.

 

Here is the template for our wedding day timeline.

 

 

 

 

Freyer Fiesta Timeline Draft 3.pptx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Elissa - Your fb post made me laugh last night. I get the same way. C'mon people. We are having an at home party after we get back, and I can just feel myself fretting about all the responses. I think I finally have down all the people that are coming to my wedding a mere 17 (including us) which is alright by me. Small, intimate, fun!

 

You've been such a big help! All your advice/ideas are helping me along. I'm usually a very quiet person and don't get things done! So it's nice to have you ladies in this thread to be able to discuss things with & know i'm not alone! =)

 

Jez - I have also been talking with the resort photographer. Peter, he said we would talk more in detail when I get down to the resort, but we would probably be doing the all day coverage. In the end, pictures are the best I want the whole day, may even throw in a ttd in there. I am probably bringing down ipod speakers with me, and just set it up anywhere I go since they are portable and don't necessairly have to be plugged in. I'd really like to do some first dances atleast :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hello all!! I'm planning to get married next week. I'm working in an MNC and I'm gonna marry my colleague who is in my company. It's been ten months since we have started our relationship. He used to support in all my difficulties and used to help me in my work. Always he used to tell me about my smile. He says that I have a very good smile and he loves it. Recently I lost my front tooth after an accident and it resulted in a bad look for me. He told me that I lost my beautiful smile. I was totally disappointed and thought of finding a solution. I heard about dental dentures and took an appointment at a clinic in Scarborough. Will dentures affect my speech? What was your experience of getting dentures? 
    • Go for the third one. It is gorgeous and you will look stunning in that. I'm sure you will be noticed by other people. Go for it.
    • I would suggest the long one. You will look stunning in that. It is simple and elegant.
    • Both the gown are awesome and I'm sure you will look gorgeous in both. But I would suggest the first one. Go for it and Congratulations for your marriage.
    • Hello everyone,  I am still engaged, still not planning the big day, because we haven't chosen a date + we have some family stiff to do so I hope that this forum will help me a lot before the real craziness during the wedding planning period. Happy to be here
  • Topics

×