Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I have such a headache when deciding a centerpiece. I wanted to do something out of the box, but incorporate some Filipino thing in my wedding since my FI is Filipino. I choose my theme to be more beach then tropical and I'm using starfish as my main signature. 

 

With that said I wanted to know what you guys thought of these capiz lotus flowers candle holders for centerpiece. From what I have seen from other weddings at the RIU the tables are long (squared) so I wanted to do one main centerpiece with the candle holders going down the middle of the table. Some of my FI's family live in the Philippines which is where these baby's are made and they have said they will ship them to me. If you donâ€t know what capiz are they are seashells that are very thin. Here is a picture of what they look like. 

 

 lotus green.JPG      lotus orange.JPG

 

I wanted to get them in this color which is closets to aqua/seafoam, and I also wanted to get them in the sunset/amber color which is closest to my Palm Beach coral color.

 

Do you think this takes away from my main theme “starfish?†These are lotus flowers and I will incorporate starfish in the centerpiece but I just have not figured that part out yet.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Shay4966 View Post

 

I have such a headache when deciding a centerpiece. I wanted to do something out of the box, but incorporate some Filipino thing in my wedding since my FI is Filipino. I choose my theme to be more beach then tropical and I'm using starfish as my main signature. 

 

With that said I wanted to know what you guys thought of these capiz lotus flowers candle holders for centerpiece. From what I have seen from other weddings at the RIU the tables are long (squared) so I wanted to do one main centerpiece with the candle holders going down the middle of the table. Some of my FI's family live in the Philippines which is where these baby's are made and they have said they will ship them to me. If you donâ€t know what capiz are they are seashells that are very thin. Here is a picture of what they look like. 

 

 lotus green.JPG      lotus orange.JPG

 

I wanted to get them in this color which is closets to aqua/seafoam, and I also wanted to get them in the sunset/amber color which is closest to my Palm Beach coral color.

 

Do you think this takes away from my main theme “starfish?†These are lotus flowers and I will incorporate starfish in the centerpiece but I just have not figured that part out yet.  

 

 Those are stunning. I think it is such a wonderful idea to incorporate those! I think they will compliment your beachy/starfish theme very well! I say go for it!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Elissae Good luck on making those survival kits, can't wait to see 'em!! It must feel awesome to have that many people come out & see you get married, You will have such a blast. & I can't wait til you get back to share those pictures with us! Hopefully some good insight before I end up there :)

 

MIL is back on board. She has her moments. She's kind of two faced I'd say. The other day we went to a family get together, and she was gloating about how she was so excited for us, and was showing the resort to everyone, and showing my potenial dress to everyone. Pissed me off a little actually. haha. but atleast that worry is over for now!

 

We have set up a wedding website, that people keep asking for like 10 billion times. lol. Maybe I don't have good enough information on there, I'll tweak it. I know I have to realize that everyone will take their time to book, i'm just so anxious. Alot of us are so young, and don't have excellent jobs, so I have to learn to see it from their prospective. I know everything will work itself out, and its what makes us happy! I just wish April of next year was here already.

 

Do you any of you guys want to share your wedding websites?  mine is Mywedding.com/tannhauser any tips I'd love to have 'em!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by shes2013 View Post

 

 Those are stunning. I think it is such a wonderful idea to incorporate those! I think they will compliment your beachy/starfish theme very well! I say go for it!!

Thank you for replying, do you think these will take away from the beach/starfish theme?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by shes2013 View Post

 

 

Do you any of you guys want to share your wedding websites?  mine is Mywedding.com/tannhauser any tips I'd love to have 'em!

hello mine is www.weddingwire.com/blackapinowed2013

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Shay4966 View Post

 

I have such a headache when deciding a centerpiece. I wanted to do something out of the box, but incorporate some Filipino thing in my wedding since my FI is Filipino. I choose my theme to be more beach then tropical and I'm using starfish as my main signature. 

 

With that said I wanted to know what you guys thought of these capiz lotus flowers candle holders for centerpiece. From what I have seen from other weddings at the RIU the tables are long (squared) so I wanted to do one main centerpiece with the candle holders going down the middle of the table. Some of my FI's family live in the Philippines which is where these baby's are made and they have said they will ship them to me. If you donâ€t know what capiz are they are seashells that are very thin. Here is a picture of what they look like. 

 

 lotus green.JPG      lotus orange.JPG

 

I wanted to get them in this color which is closets to aqua/seafoam, and I also wanted to get them in the sunset/amber color which is closest to my Palm Beach coral color.

 

Do you think this takes away from my main theme “starfish?†These are lotus flowers and I will incorporate starfish in the centerpiece but I just have not figured that part out yet.  

 

Shay - I think these are perfect & the meaning and origin of them are priceless.  How many will you put on each table?  Will you alternate colors?  They do not take away at all from your main theme - I think they look "destination" to me and will flow smoothly with what you have in mind.  

 

This makes me think...what will you do for linens?  Will you stick with white or possibly bring some of your own?  All I know what I will do so far is see if I can bring my chair sashes to the tables from the ceremony....

 

Centerpieces...that will be my next project!  I will need guidance!  1-pray.gif

 

Originally Posted by shes2013 View Post

 

Elissae Good luck on making those survival kits, can't wait to see 'em!! It must feel awesome to have that many people come out & see you get married, You will have such a blast. & I can't wait til you get back to share those pictures with us! Hopefully some good insight before I end up there :)

 

MIL is back on board. She has her moments. She's kind of two faced I'd say. The other day we went to a family get together, and she was gloating about how she was so excited for us, and was showing the resort to everyone, and showing my potenial dress to everyone. Pissed me off a little actually. haha. but atleast that worry is over for now!

 

We have set up a wedding website, that people keep asking for like 10 billion times. lol. Maybe I don't have good enough information on there, I'll tweak it. I know I have to realize that everyone will take their time to book, i'm just so anxious. Alot of us are so young, and don't have excellent jobs, so I have to learn to see it from their prospective. I know everything will work itself out, and its what makes us happy! I just wish April of next year was here already.

 

Do you any of you guys want to share your wedding websites?  mine is Mywedding.com/tannhauser any tips I'd love to have 'em!

Thanks Em!  I need it!  LOL!  I will be sure to drink some wine in the process!  I am hoping to get all my keycard holder/badges completed tonight, too.  They are printed and "some" are cut, so I'd like to stuff the badges of at least theones who have booked so far.  Once I get this done I can start on centerpiece ideas, finding my FI a shirt & shoes, my jewelry, etc.....blah blah blah (big raspberry!)  

 

Wow!  Now that I think of it - I will be the 1st bride to wed out of all of us RPRM Brides next year (so far).  I will definitely share everything with you girls!!!  xoxo

 

I am happy to hear the MIL is back on board.  OMG that would have kinda pissed me off, too.  Although it's a relief because that could have totally been a pain in the butt for you the next 9 months!!!

 

I will FB you ladies my website....it's kind of OVERKILL, but so am I!  JK!  I will not be offended if you tell me so!  I just wanted peeps to have a ONE STOP place to get all the information & they can also call us with any additional questions.  I started it right after I got engaged & joined this site.  I had to wait to confirm my date so this gave me something to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Shay4966 View Post

 

Thank you for replying, do you think these will take away from the beach/starfish theme?

 No, I don't think the center pieces will take away from the beach/starfish theme. I think they will end up flowing nicely together, they actually have a beach feel to them. I love 'em. It'll work perfectly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Survival kits were a success.  That's all we did last night.

 

Here are some pics of the loot & the final product.

 

Loot 3.JPG

 

1st SIDE VIEW                                                        OPPOSITE SIDE VIEW

Survivial Kit 2.JPG Survivial Kit 3.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by elissae View Post

 

Survival kits were a success.  That's all we did last night.

 

Here are some pics of the loot & the final product.

 

Loot 3.JPG

 

1st SIDE VIEW                                                        OPPOSITE SIDE VIEW

Survivial Kit 2.JPG Survivial Kit 3.JPG

 These are great!!! Wonderful Job 'em! Got all the essentials! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks so mouch - they were fun to do!  I think it will be a nice surprise for our guests!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • When brides takes off her wedding dress and begins her marriage life,the first problem after wedding is to modify her name. You have a marriage license with your new last name, doesn't mean you've officially changed your name. Which aspects should be paid attention to to change the surname?
      1. Get your marriage license.
      Before you can change your name, you'll need the original (or certified) marriage license with the raised seal. Call the clerk's office where your license was filed to get copies if one wasn't automatically sent to you. 2. Change your Social Security card.
      Visit the Social Security Administration's website and fill out the application for a new Social Security card. You'll keep the same number—just your name will be different. Mail in your application to the local Social Security Administration office. You should get your new card within 10 business days. 3. Change your license at the DMV.
      Take a trip to the local Department of Motor Vehicles office to get a new license with your new last name. Bring every form of identification you can get your hands on—your old license, your certified marriage certificate and, most importantly, your new Social Security card. 4. Change your bank accounts.
      This one's a biggie, especially if you're setting up a joint bank account, or if you have one already set up. The fastest way to change your name at your bank is to go into a branch location, bringing your new driver's license and your marriage certificate. You should request new checks and debit and credit cards on top of changing the name attached to your accounts. Something to note: You might get hit with fees for requesting a new debit card. 5. Fill in the blanks
      Once you have a social security card and driver's license in your married name, other changes should be fairly easy. Some places only require a phone call; others may ask for a copy of your marriage certificate or social security card. Be sure to notify: -Employers/payroll
      -Post office
      -Electric and other utility companies
      -Credit card companies
      -Schools and alumni associations
      -Landlord or mortgage company
      -Insurance companies (auto, home, life)
      -Doctors' offices
      -Voter registration office
      -Investment account providers
      -Your attorney (to update legal documents, including your will)
      -Passport office
      -Airlines (to transfer over your miles)
    • Planning to get married? Let’s discover some great wedding venues in Bangalore. The increasing demand for the wedding venues in Bangalore makes it very difficult for both the bride’s and groom’s family to get hold of a marriage hall that is suitable for the marriage. As they say, marriages have to be organized in a grand fashion. The atmosphere and the ambiance of a wedding make it memorable for a lifetime. Though there are a plenty of wedding venues in Bangalore, there is only a handful of them that are really good, Offering the best possible experience.  Some of the most popular wedding venues in Bangalore are: THE TAMARIND TREE: Tamarind Tree has the old world charm. This is one of the best wedding venues in Bangalore that boast about its eco-friendly surrounding. Built in the middle of a few acres of garden filled with lush greenery and trees, which also includes the tamarind tree after which it was named, a pond, a stage for the band, classic looking pavilions for the guests to sit, and a lot of spaces around the area. The premise has two large kitchens with a very special fully stocked bar and a lot of space where the guests can dine comfortably. The place can accommodate up to 1000 guests. Customer Reviews : Address: 88, Kanakapura road, Anjanapura post, Avalahalli, Royal Park residency layout 2, 9th phase. JP Nagar, Bangalore 560062 THE COURTYARD HOUSE: The courtyard house is located off Sarjapur Road, the premise is a unique and unconventional property suited for various events, namely weddings. The outdoor space of courtyard house draws in people looking to get away from the traffic and noise in the city, well within the city limits. The green grass and tall trees make for great photographic backdrops making it popular for wedding events. Customer Reviews : Address: Janatha Colony, Gunjur Palya, Bengaluru 560087 RITZ-CARLTON:   The Ritz-Carlton has over 277 spacious rooms and suites and is one of the most luxurious hotels in Bangalore. Seven luxurious restaurants, the Ritz-Carlton spa, and tastefully appointed meeting spaces make it ideal to host marriage occasions. Customer Reviews : Address: 99, Residency Road, Shanthala Nagar, Ashok Nagar, Bengaluru 560025 BALAN FARM CONVENTION CENTER: Balan farm is a green, wooded island of peace and serenity nestled quietly in the busy rapidly developing JP Nagar. Neighboring the Brigade Millenium Apartments and L&T South city it spreads across two acres of an old orchard retaining the ancient fruit-bearing trees and landscaped gardens. Balan Farm convention center JP Nagar has over 10,000 sq ft of the tiled canopy without any walls blocking and it makes for a really good view. Customer Reviews : Address: 99/4, Nataraja Layout, JP Nagar 7th Phase, Bengaluru 560078 HYATT MG ROAD: Hyatt a 5 Star hotels in Bangalore is located on MG Road. The guest rooms are colorful with a great view of the city, this makes it an ideal place for private ceremonies with 2300 sq ft of meeting and event space. The Hyatt MG road, Bangalore also has restaurants like the Pink Poppadom, Liquid Lounge, and Bar. Customer Reviews : Address: 1/1, Swami Vivekananda Road, Someshwarpura, Ulsoor, Bengaluru 560008 BUNGALOW 7 Bungalow7 offers a unique setting for a wedding, pre-wedding and post-wedding functions. The place hosts a variety of public and private events all within a stunning heritage setting of central Bangalore. Customer Reviews : Address: 7, Hall Road, Richards Town, Bengaluru 560005 GAYATRI VIHAR MANTAPA: Gayatri Vihar is one of the most luxurious wedding halls situated on Palace ground. It boasts of a massive one lakh sq ft area which can easily accommodate up to 5000 guests. The ambiance of the place makes it ideal for community gatherings and private parties. Customer Reviews : Address: Jayamahal Palace Ground, Bengaluru 560080
    • My best friend is getting married with his long-term girlfriend next month. As a best friend, I want to give them the best present they would ever receive on their special day. I am planning to buy them plane tickets and book them for a one week trip abroad. However, I am torn between Ukraine ski trip and a tour to Lima, Peru. My best friend loves skiing and his future wife is a chef, so I presume she would want to experience a Peruvian taste. Now, I am confused. Which is which? I would appreciate it if you guys will leave a comment to help me out with this. Suggesting a way better idea which will accommodate the two activities for the soon-to-be wedded couple is a big help too. Thanks!    
    • Hello all!! I'm getting married next week. Every arrangement has been done by my sister for my special day. When I joined in an MNC I was troubled with severe headaches and as per my colleague's instruction, I took an appointment in a nearby eye clinic. And after an eye examination in Toronto, the eye specialist diagnosed hypermetropia in me. And the doctor prescribed eyeglasses for me. The doctor suggested me to wear eyeglasses during the working time. But I used to wear it sometimes not every day. Then I was troubled with severe eye strain and headache and mom was scolding me to wear eyeglasses every day. I thought of saying goodbye to eyeglasses forever. I'm planning for a Lasik eye surgery soon before my marriage. I don't know whether I'm eligible for Lasik eye surgery. I'm tensed about its recovery time and its complications. Can someone help me by sharing your views?  
    • In the 2017 bridal fashion week, many styles of wedding dresses were gradually popular. From serious bling to regal capes and fun and flirty short numbers, ByCouturier've got all the hottest wedding dress trends you need to know. Allover Sparkle
      Over-the-top sequins, tonal beading and metallic embellishments turned the Bridal Fashion Week runways into a glittery affair. Perfect for evening nuptials under the stars, this trend is daring but sophisticated. Pro tip: If you're rocking a gown with lots of sparkle, keep your accessories minimal and let your glitzy frock do all the talking.  Bold Ball Gowns
      If you're looking to make a dramatic entrance, a classic ball gown is for you—and we saw plenty of them. Take a cue from long, lace sleeves, or get glam with an embellished strapless bodice. No matter the details, this voluminous style is sure to turn heads.  Captivating Capes
      Not into veils? A full-length bridal cape or shorter capelet is the perfect alternative: It still adds movement to your gown, but feels fashion forward. Plus, this trend is an easy way to pull off a mid-wedding outfit change. Wear a cape or capelet for a more formal look during your ceremony, then whisk it away to hit the dance floor at your reception. Short, Sassy Dresses
      Whether you show off your legs (and a killer pair of heels) in an embellished mini or opt for a more conservative midi-length number, a wedding dress with a flirty hemline is a chic way to mix it up. Not willing to give up your dream ball gown? Change into a shorter frock to spice up your reception or after-party.  Plunging Necklines
      The deep V-neckline is a must-try for two reasons: It flatters your upper body (even if you're busty!) and elongates your frame. A plunging V with scalloped lace is ultra-feminine, while a sleek V plays up the inherently sexy vibe of a curve-skimming silhouette. Just make sure you have fashion tape handy the day of to avoid any wardrobe malfunctions. 
      Skinny Straps
      We love this trend for two reasons: A gown with barely there straps has all of the sex appeal of a strapless neckline, plus added support. We call that a bridal fashion win. 
  • Topics

×