Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysgirl View Post
that's a good idea...finding harp music!

Jannae- Yeah I haven't updated my ticker, but I have 7 lbs to go. I'm not sure if i'll get all the way there or not but I'm going to keep trying! I am feeling good and confident where I am now so that's a good thing! If I begged I could probably get my parents to go for both. Maybe I will pay for one and they can pay for the otherhuh.gif I can't decide if I think it is worth the money or if I'd rather keep the money and do some fun excursions. I am def. doing atleast one of the music options though....

I have my first bridal shower and my bachelorette party tomorrow! love.gif
Sammysgirl if you have to choose btw both I would go with mariachi band for the cocktail hr! Even though I have decided to do both the harp and mariachi , Ladytrunk has a good point we will be paying for their time but they will just be standing during the actual ceremony. so now i am re thinking.

let us know how your bridal shower and bachelorette party goes!

I had hoped to lose 15 lbs before the wedding, no loss so far :-( I have been working out a lot my clothes feel better but i dont see the numbers dropping.

Samira

samira- Thanks for the advice on the music! I appreciate it! In regards to weight loss, my numbers haven't been dropping off as quickly or as much as I want them to, but I have completely reproportioned my body. Everyone that sees me is shocked and I've only lost like 23 lbs. If i were you I would start taking your measurements instead of stepping on the scale...I wish I would have been doing that because it would have helped me stay motivated! You are probably transferring fat to muscle! Keep up the good work though, I'm sure you look great!!!!

Sammysgirl- hopefully you're still out for your bachelorette!! And trust me, no matter what music combo you choose, it will be great- Since you gave the option, I think getting the harp music recorded for the ceremony (great idea Adrienne!) and using the $$ for excursions would be what I would do. Just IMHO anyway!

Samira- UUUGH the 'outside photographer' fee has been haunting me since Oct when I first started to book mine. A girl that no longer works there told me that I would have to pay $100 for them to come in for the day. Then I read in a thread here that the Riu was changing their policies and not letting in outside vendors. I freak the F out, and try to get ahold of them to confirm (at this point, have put a $1800 non refundable deposit by the way!). The new girl tells me that this is not true, and that they are still allowed, but with a fee. OK FINE. So I actually forgot about it because I had already booked my photogs room for them (figuring that no matter what, they would be there). Then just last week, I emailed to see what the final verdict was. Newest info- $200 fee, but since they are staying at the resort for the night, they don't have to pay anything....

So at this point, I am going with the newest info........but it seems that it could change at any moment!! Sorry for the longest explanation ever! And I'll definitely keep you posted on info as it unfolds.

I have to admit though- even with the mis-info/communication, I am still more than excited that I chose this resort. Every wedding photo I've ever seen from here has been fab- and I've never heard a disappointed bride!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTrunck View Post
I have to admit though- even with the mis-info/communication, I am still more than excited that I chose this resort. Every wedding photo I've ever seen from here has been fab- and I've never heard a disappointed bride!!
Im with you on this one!!!
I am so so excited to be getting married here!!!!

xoxo

$200 for outside photog fee! wow my lord!!! thats a lot! I was gonna get outside make up ppl and hair ppl but now I wont! I already put the deposit for my photog!

so ladies I had a wonderful weekend! I probably mentioned befroe i am not having a bridal shower mainly cos i have 10 close friends and I could never pick and choose and so I decided I didn't want a bridal shower either since the fact that all my gfs are flying to MX was gift enough.

So this saturday I was pleasantly surprised and beyond happy. MY gfs threw me a surprised bridal shower that too a day with my 13 closest friends at the Elizabeth Arden Red door spa, I felt so special (ladies one of my fav things is spa but I am sure everybody loves its) and then they took me to dinner at maggiaons (my fav italian place) and then to top it off they booked few rooms at the ritz carlton so all of us spend the night there and went for sunday brunch followed by another massage! I was like in cloud 9!!! anyways I thought i share since I had such a great weekend!!!

sammysgirl abt the weight loss I will def measure myself i haven't done that before. but after the feast this weekend I am scared to measure myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gina g View Post
Hi guys,
Posted something on here but i think it's gone to totally th wrong page...doh!!! Just booked our wedding at RPRM for 25/03/2011. Its the just the two of us travelling as this will be our second ( and last!) time, so any tips on what we can do to make it super special would be great! i have a few worries from readinf Trip advisor reviews of the hotel, does it really smell mouldy and damphuh.gif!!!!
thanx,
Gx
Hi Gina,

Regarding the moldy and damp questions...after staying at a few resorts/hotels in the Carribean, the only ones in my experience that don't have that feel are ones where the rooms don't open to the outside and instead open to an air conditioned hallway where there's an extra buffer between your room and the outside. The only place that I stayed at that was like this was the Sun Palace in Cancun. There is so much humidity down there that I think a lot of people aren't used to it and to me it does feel a little humid inside the room but I am used to dry weather so if you're from Texas or the south then you may not feel it. After living in Vegas for 5 years I feel every drop of moisture in the air!

-Nora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicyx View Post
So much to catch up on... Love the info on here :-)

Glad you like my website, just wish prices would hurry up out so i can finally get wedding booked and site updated :-)

xoxox
Hi Nicyx I just saw in your profile that you live in Scotland, where in SCotland are you? I did my junior year abroad in Scotland in Univ of St.Andrews and it was absolutely one of the best years of my life :-)

samira26... I live in a small town called Annan, its just over the border from England near Gretna Green (famous for weddings) So its miles away from where you studied, never been that far up into Scotland, the highest ive been is Edinburgh as FI sister lives just outside :-)

xox

Wow Samira your girlfriends are so awesome!! I'm so glad you had a great time- it sounds like it was a blast!!

Thanks for the damp explanation Nora- I was just talking to FI about it this weekend- he said he's never been bothered by it at other resorts in the area, so hopefully the people that complain about it are just really picky wink.gif