hi ladies,

just returned from a camping weekend.had lots of fun now really tired.

lorie,

welcome you should find lots of info on here to help you.your photos are great.the beach looked beautiful.what was your hi light of your stay at rprm?also can you advise on the trips to xel-ha and is it excaret (i have had to much wine this weekend)?i know there are 2 trips that are very similar to each other but im sure everyone says xel-ha is best?

Thank you for the compliments josie, jetsbride, and shellk! It was an amazing trip!

Shellk, The highlight of our trip to the RPRM had to be the amazing service and friendliness of the staff there! They made us feel like royalty :) We never had to do anything for ourselves. We did tip, just a small amount like 1 or 2 dollars, but it was very appreciated by the staff! As for Xel-Ha, I highly recommend it! Do the full day, as a half day wouldn't be enough time! They have amazing snorkeling, cliff diving, rope swings, inner tubing, and underground caves. We were also deciding between Xel-Ha and Xcaret, but are very happy we did Xel-Ha! You definitely won't be disappointed :)

Lorie- thanks for sharing your photos! I loved looking thru them. You saw some neat local houses, were they within walking distance of the RPRM or did you rent a car?

Bummer about the red flags every day of your trip, did anyone get in the water at all? What month were you there?

More questions for Lorie :)

-Did you plan your trip to Xel-Ha after you arrived or in advance? How did you book it (front desk?)?

-Did you try all of the specialty restaurants? Any you didn't like?

-Did you see any of the live music: caribbean trio, mariachi band, harpist?? What did you think of the wedding on the beach? Too windy?

Thanks!!!!

Hi Ladies...I need your opinion on the welcome bags.

Among other items you have mentioned on the forum, I want to include pashminas for the ladies, but am at a loss as for what to include for the men that would be somewhat equivalent in terms of practicality.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Alexis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMarch4 View Post
Hi Ladies...I need your opinion on the welcome bags.
Among other items you have mentioned on the forum, I want to include pashminas for the ladies, but am at a loss as for what to include for the men that would be somewhat equivalent in terms of practicality.

Any ideas?
Thanks!
Alexis
Alexis, you could do something cute like aviator sunglasses, or perhaps something waterproof for them to hold their money - like these sandals: http://elitechoice.org/wp-content/up...sh_sandals.jpg

KimmyG - The houses were within walking distance :) When you come out of the RPRM turn left and walk down that street and you will see many gorgeous houses! There is also a little shopping area called Playacar Plaza about 10 minutes down the road to the left. If you turn right coming out of the resort, walk for 25 minutes and you will be on 5th avenue. 5th ave is great for shopping and eating and drinking!

As for the red flags, they did not keep me from the water! It was a little rough, but I only went out about waist deep and I was fine.

We booked our trip to Xel-Ha through a local vendor in the Playacar Plaza :) Cheaper than at the resort! Plus you can try talking them down in price a bit if you feel up to it.

We only tried two specialty restaurants, Yashima (Japanese) and Krystal (fusion). We enjoyed both so much! It's such an upscale atmosphere and the foot is top quality.

The wedding we saw didn't have any live music, and we didn't see any of the reception. The beach was windy, but much less windy up on the level where the wedding was. It's much windier down close to the water.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Lorie- Thank you so much sharing your pictues! So cute! It makes me want to go right now! Also, thank you for all the info about your trip! I'm sure we will have a million more questions too, so I'm glad your happy to answer them!

Alexis- I really like the sandals that Josie found! Definitely something different too...I've never seen anything like that, and I'm sure the guys haven't either!