Hi ladies,

here is a list of the appetizers if anyone is interested..

(4 pieces per person)

REGULAR APPETIZERS

•SMOKED SALMON MOUSSE

•THREE CHESSES

•TOMATO & EGG

•HAM & CHEESE

Price:US$ 8.00 P/PERSON

DELUXE APPETIZERS

•SHRIMP

•SMOKED SALMON

•PROCCICUTO

•CAVIAR

Price:US$ 12.00 P/PERSON

PICADERA MEXICANA (MEXICAN APPETIZERS)

•CHICKEN MINI TOSTADAS

•MEAT EMPANADAS

•CHICKEN FRIED TACOS

•FRIED CHEESE FINGERS

•ACCOMPANIED WITH GUACAMOLE, CHIPS AND MEXICAN SAUCE

Price:US$ 14.00 P/PERSON

PICADERA MEXICANA DELUXE

•SHRIMP TACOS

•STUFFED JALAPEÑOS

•MUSHROOMS & CHEESE QUESADILLAS

•CHEF'S PRIME SELECTION

•ACCOMPANIED WITH GUACAMOLE, CHIPS AND MEXICAN SAUCE

Price:US$ 16.00 P/PERSON

Also as far as the bags....

RIU Rm already has bottled water in the rooms which they stock daily as well as tequila. They also have a sewing kit in each room. Just in case anyone was thinking of putting those items in the gift bags.

I put listerine in the bags which my guest enjoyed. You might also want to check Target's $dollar aisle. They had some wedding items like sandals,etc. if anyone has a Target near them. Ohh for the guys I put cigar clippers in the bags.

Okay Ladies, I am a little upset right now. We are paying for the Caprice package which says a dinner is included for the wedding party, but here is the breakdown from what Ael sent me:

$1700usd for private reception and DJ

$300usd for rental of slide show equipment

$9usd/person for cocktail party (we are having between 50-60 people)

that is an extra $3000usd

Is it just me or does that not seem outrageous!? and to boot you can only have the private reception room from 8:45 until 11pm. What!!?? I am not too impressed. Why do they wait until 2 months before your wedding to tell you this?

Maybe I am over reacting....

Lisa, I'm not sure why you just found all that out. I've known all that since the beginning. We've posted all of that on here many times.......sorry if this sounds mean that is not how I mean it to sound! I'm just curious and feel upset for you that you just now found out that info?? We're not doing a slide-show though so i didnt know about the $300 for that equipment! Also, Desiree said they gave her a complimentary cocktail hour.......I'm not sure if included appetizers though?

I'm sorry your upset about this info!

It doesn't say anywhere you get charged for booze at the private reception and that you only get 2 hours for your dinner & dance. I also didn't think you got charged for the cocktail hour, just if you wanted appitizers, then there would be a charge. I knew about the $1700 for the private dinner, which you do not have a choice about but not paying for extra costs for drinks.

Don't you feel ripped off when you are bringing 40+ people to the resort. Shouldn't they cut you some breaks somewhere?

Lisa, I do agree, I didnt know about the extra cost for the drinks, that is weird! Do you still have Desiree's email address? Maybe you can ask her what happened at her wedding? I feel like they ALWAYS try to charge you for stuff but I've heard that a lot of things are negotiable. Like I said, Desiree got a free cocktail hour at no charge and on their blog it says that they "often times" can give a complimentary cocktail hour, but sometimes it costs extra if there is no space available. Maybe you could wait until you go down and make a last minute decision? Sorry I'm just trying to help! i wasnt trying to be mean!

I just emailed Ael with a few more questions. They said you only get 2 hours total for dinner & dancing? I thought I had something different in writing for them, I will check it out for you!

I know you are not trying to be mean Josie and I thank you for being helpful. It just seems like they are starting to pile on a lot of extra costs. I chose this hotel because it accomodates the # of people I needed

I got a sheet that says you get your private reception area from 8:45 to 11:30.

this is what the sheet said that I got:

RIU Palace Riviera Maya

Private Dinner at BOTA FOGO Restaurant

If you have a group of around 60 people, our hotel can offer the option of a private dinner as follows:

Time:

You may have Bota Fogo Restaurant from 8:45 to 11:30 pm. Please do your best to be punctual so you have enough time for dinner & dancing.

Music:

The DJ services include: professional sound system, wide array of music and microphones for speeches or announcements.

Total cost of venue + DJ is $1,700usd. Please note that these cannot be booked separately.

Drinks:

The Restaurant only serves wine, beer and soft drinks. If you wish to have an optional open bar with long drinks and cocktail on the rocks, the cost is $9 usd per person for the time frame mentioned above.

Set Up:

Square tables that may be pushed together to make long tables.

White linens and decoration according to package.

Menu

R O D I Z I O

BOTAFOGO

FROM OUR BUFFET

Fresh salads,

cold starters and soups

RODIZIO MEATS

Breast of turkey

Marinated pork fillet

Chicken drumsticks

Arrachera

Argentinian sausage

Beef Top Sirloin

GARNISHES

Potatoes and vegetables

DESSERTS

Buffet of sweets and cheeses

WINES

White, rosé and red

COFFEE

SUBJECT TO MODIFICATIONS WITHOUT PREVIOUS NOTICE

I sent another email about more questions too.

Lisa and Josie - I did not know any of that information! It seems rather odd for an AI to charge for any kind of drink.. I wonder if you can somehow get bottles of alcohol somewhere and make your own cocktails! I'm sure that wouldn't be permitted though. Hopefully you two can get some sort of deal worked out with the resort.