Quote:
Originally Posted by shellk View Post
big up to the new ladies welcome hope you get the info you need and find the girls as helpful as i did.

lisa,
i want to do this the afternoon/early evening the day before i have emailed a tour company to get a quote (for a private catermaran) but they have,nt come back to me.do you mind me asking who you got your quote from?the only thing is there is only 4 of us but i think it would be great.we did a tour one in the dominican and that was really good.
Shellk - I just found out the cost for the yacht from the information Desiree got from Ael and forwarded to me (It's on the same sheet as the scuba info). It was $790 for 4 hours, I am not sure how many people can go but I think it would be a blast! I have to find out some more information. I will let you know what I find out.

Kimmy-I am planning on just getting my nails and pedi done here the day before I leave (it will last for sure) and I am doing my own hair. I am just leaving it down and maybe some soft waves. who knows, lol

Shell-You are too sweet! wink.gif Did I send you the spa info. yet? If not just let me know and I will forward you the email.

Lisa-the yacht does sound like a blast!

So here is the outfits my FH and groomsmen will be wearing for the wedding.

What do you ladies think?

Do you think it is necessary for my FH to be dressed differently? I am going to get him a white linen coat also for the ceremony and pictures.

Click the image to open in full size.

Here is a photo of what the groomsmen and bridesmaids will look like together.

Does anyone find it strange that I am not having my BM and GM matching? (please be honest) I

know traditionally they do but I think this looks good togeher too and it's incorporating 2 of our colors....then I will have accents of dark shimmery gray at the wedding.

Click the image to open in full size.

Your opinions are greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks Ladies!!! smile03.gif

Hello All,

My name is Samira and I am also planning to get married RPRM in May 2010. I have just emailed Adriana to check the availibility of the dates that we want in May! I spent couple of hours today reading almost all pages of this thread, you guys are so great and all the info is so helpful!

As for a little on me, I am originally from Bangladesh and my fiance is from Maryland. We currently live in Washington DC. We got engaged in Ireland while on vacation 2 months ago :-) We decided on RPRM after reading the reviews and know a couple who got married in Riu in Cabo and loved it! Bengali weddings are usually huge and a 3 day affair but what I really want is a small intimate wedding with our closest friends and family and later we plan to have a huge reception in Bangladesh to make the other side of the family happy!

I have a few questions:

1. I tried to check the air plus hotel prices for May 2010 both in RIU website and expedia but I dont think they let you see prices so much ahead of time. So once you book a date does the sales coordinator get back to you with a price for the hotel and air?

2. Is it necessary for all my guests to book the hotel through the RIU sales agent or can they use other internet sites?

3. From your experience how much does a 7 to 8 night stay around May cost?

Samira

Lisa-I think that it looks great wink.gif

My FI will be matching his best man (his brother) exactly so I wouldn't worry about that at all. Also, I think the bridesmaid's and groomsmen's outfits look good together. I know the traditional thing is to be matchy matchy but that is the fun in destination weddings- you don't have to match if you don't want to! Great choices! The outfits look so flattering on both!

Hey Samira!! WELCOME! Your background sounds so cool. I can only answer one of your questions. The other girls could probably be of better help because I have no idea about anything for 2010. Half of our guests booked through a local travel agent we selected and half booked their trips on their own (Funjet Vacations - Vacation Packages to Las Vegas Mexico Hawaii the Caribbean Europe Family Travel Destination Package Air Hotel Online Booking or RIU Hotels & Resorts) and it has worked out just fine. smile03.gif Good luck with all of your planning and let us what Adriana says about your date! Desiree

Does Riu confirm with you in advance who your specific photographer will be? I know people have been happy with the local photographer they're using lately, and I wonder if you know if it will be him or not, before you get there.

lisa,

i think the outfits look great including the shades very apt.yeh let me know what they say on the yacht please.like i say we would like to do it the day before.a good start to married life hey lol.

kimmyg,

i might be wrong but i dont think they can confirm your photographer until they contact you to confirm everything.i believe the hotel cant book the vendors more than a month in advance?cause i was wondering this.

samira,

welcome hopefully you will get to find out everything you need from here.have you seen the reviews on trip advisor?i cant wait.

im going to ring the ta today about the upgrade.fingers crossed.