Desiree, your dress is SO beautiful!!!!

Who makes your dress? I love it!!

Where did you find your shoes? I still need to get shoes but I think I might get flip flops. My feet are pretty bad so wearing heels all day i would probably not be very happy.

omg i feel soooo excited for you.you look gorgeous in your dress.it sounds like you are pretty much sorted?i bet you don,t get much sleep tonight hehe.do you have to email them your answers then they confirm everything?

could you please email me info?smile03.gif

its good we have new ladies

Hey everyone,

Thanks so much for the welcomes and information. I feel so much better about the sandbags now. My mom was telling me I should consider how they will look, but I am really not that picky and the fact that they kind of blend works for me. As for the BD pics, I am so glad I learned of this. I definitely want to do it because I don't think I will ever have another reason too. Also, before we know it we will have kids and get old and I am not sure I will want to do it then, haha.

Desiree – thanks for the info about having the wedding on the beach. I am definitely going to consider having it at the gazebo. I know you said you are not going to bring the bose anymore, but Iâ€m wondering if we are able to have music and dance at the semi-private reception?

I cannot believe how close your wedding is; I canâ€t wait to hear about it. Also, your dress is stunning.

Josie – thanks for attaching the links to the BD pics. It makes more sense now. I am glad to hear that you agree the prices at the RPRM are good because my mom told me to keep looking around because the all inclusive to there are a lot more expensive than other places. I looked at prices for this year and it doesnâ€t seem that way. Either way, I am very excited about the RPRM and being on this forum confirms everything.

Amy – Thanks for the information and congratulations on your recent engagement. I am just curious, what are your reasons for choosing the Iberostar? That was one of the places we looked at, but the packages at the RIU seem to be the best for large weddings.

Katie – I am so excited to hear you recently got the rates for March. That should mean they are coming soon for April.

Chloe – Thanks to you too for the information about the beach. It seems like most people are getting married in the gazebo. It is very beautiful. Do you know if you see the ocean in the background?

Does anybody know how to attach a wedding countdown? Also, does anyone happen to know if we can do a private reception and not rent the DJ? If so how much it would cost?

One more question, sorry to be a pain. Does anyone know if the RIU is more expensive as an all inclusive, compared to other places that are of similar star rating?

Thanks again.

Trina - I'll try to answer a few of your questions! As far as I know, you can't have music/dancing at the semi-private reception because other hotel guests are dining at the same time.

You absolutely see the ocean in the background behind the gazebo. Here are a few pictuers:

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

If you want a wedding countdown...just google "wedding tickers" you will get a variety of sites where you can create your own. You pick the ticker and the little icon that moves along it, then it generates a code which you copy and paste into your signature. I got mine here: Wedding Tickers

As far as the reception goes, I was told that the cost to make it private is the same with or without the DJ. I am not sure this is still true...the 09 price I was told for the DJ & private dinner was $1,700 USD. They told me it was $1,700 either way.

I think that the RIU is comparable in price, and they had the lowest wedding package price I could find. I think my guests are paying between $900 - $1,300 for 4 nights 5 days...that is from various cities in the US. Hope that helps :)

I think Josie just said everything I was going to say, but I can tell you that a big part of the reason we chose the RPRM is because of the wedding package prices. All the other resorts seemed to charge you per plate for your reception dinner, and that seemed crazy to me. On principal, I could not fork over $7000 for a meal that every guest has already paid for. There seem to be a lot of really good deals in Mexico right now, and you could probably find a resort with the same amount of stars for less, but wedding packages would be higher. Good luck girl!

Desiree- I absolutely love your dress! You look gorgeous in it!

Trina- Adding on to what Josie and Kelly just posted...Compared to most of the other AI resorts, the Riu seems to have the best value for their wedding packages, in addition to the fact that it's a BEAUTIFUL place!

Trina - I am from Canada too and the RPRM does seem to be a bit pricey compared to other resorts but it is for your wedding and I think it's well worth it for the service provided at the resort from what I have been told/read.

Just remember that it is your wedding and you should go to a location you will be happy with. wether the cost is a $200-$300 difference is not going to change people's minds about attending. If they want to be there for your wedding they will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsbride View Post
Trina - I am from Canada too and the RPRM does seem to be a bit pricey compared to other resorts but it is for your wedding and I think it's well worth it for the service provided at the resort from what I have been told/read.
Just remember that it is your wedding and you should go to a location you will be happy with. wether the cost is a $200-$300 difference is not going to change people's minds about attending. If they want to be there for your wedding they will be.
Great Advice Lisa :)