Haha! Yeah, the think is I KNOW our group will be hammered before. I just hope none of them pass out including my future hubby! HAHA!

Yeah, I guess they will find something to do. What are you going to do about your dress? I wanted to wear it to the reception but that means I will be walking around the resort for 4 hours in it. My dress is super heavy and I am a sweat queen!

OOOOH I didnt even think about that. I will probably spend as much time as possible in it (since its the only day I can). My dress is semi-heavy and I don't sweat very much at all.... it is kinda tempting to change into a bathing suit for a bit and get tan, but I know that would get me in trouble cuz I'd get wet and mess up my hair etc..

How long do you think your pics will take (after your 5 PM ceremony)? You could maybe have your mom take some unprofessional ones inside after your pro pics are over, then you could cool down, keep the dress on, and eat up some time!

That is a good idea! Thanks girl! P.S. I am so jealous that you don't sweat alot!

What did you think about the cake pics and bouquet pics?

I think I might pick either the first or last bouquet because my dress has roses all over it. Also, I need to talk to Tyler but I am pretty sure we will want the vanilla cake but I don't know what filling-maybe strawberry. I don't know what cake pic I like best. I am thinking the 1st picture but with the additional fresh flower topping b/c I am not too sure about the frosting roses wink.gif

I definitely like either of the first 2 but without the frosted flowers (looks like a grocery store cake with those). I'd either do fresh flowers or a cake topper! I absolutely LOVE the 4th boquet (colorful with roses) because its the best of both worlds. Traditional (roses) and tropical flowers plus I love the BANG of color. My personal preference is not white flowers with a white dress, cuz I want the flowers to "pop". I'm so excited we got to see the boquets & cakes to get a feel for how things will look!!!

I have no idea about the flavors of cake etc, I heard the Chili's desert is better than the cake, and I'm not the biggest cake fan, so as long as it looks cool that is fine with me!!!!!!

I can't wait for your wedding! I think I'm more excited about it than you are!!! Just to see your pics and hear about your experience, etc!!!! I cant believe you're under 2 months!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe55 View Post
Lisa, did you see these? They kind of remind me of those pink dresses you were looking at.

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t43657
Kelly - Thanks for showing me this, I wish I would have seen it earlier though!! I love the color! However I found a pink BM dress at H&M for $45 so my BM's have all bought it now. I will post a picture later tonight cause I can't do it from work. I like the other one that I wanted to get wayyy better (The blue one) but they were complaining too much so it really wasn't worth my stress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylersgirl View Post
**RPRM GIRLS**

Ael just emailed me and said that they are working on finalizing their August plans and she will be with me in a few days about my wedding!!! YAY! By the way, she sent me a link to their blog. Has anyone seen this? It is AWESOME! It has pics and info as well as links to the videographer they use. I hope this helps y'all. Here it is:

RIU Weddings Playa del Carmen Mexico
Thanks so much Desiree - This is awesome!

I think I will probably go for the very colorful bouquet, because the BM dresses are pink I was hoping to get blue flowers, I wonder if I can? Probably for a cost...

As for the cake, I don't know, I will probably have Vanilla. i agree with you though Josie, the icing flowers are no good, I'd rather have fresh flowers or a cake topper.

As of right now our ceremony is at 1pm (I am trying to get a later time, fingers crossed) so if it stays at 1pm and we don't have our dinner till 9pm I am sure people will probably be a bit drunk but not much I can do about that. I was thinking of having a cocktail party at 7pm too, is a 2hr cocktail party too long?

Whew, that's a lot of info...

Lisa- Because your ceremony is at 1, I think a 2 hour cocktail is a good fit because it allows guests to all meet up together at 7, and you know there will be some stragglers. Then they get to socalize in a group before the dinner begins. I'm considering this too, cant decide because of the cost though! I think the timing would be OK!

I'm glad you found inexpensive BM dresses even though they werent what you originally wanted. You should be the focus on your wedding day anyway and hopefully they'll be a good accent wink.gif

Lisa-Yes, the colorful flowers will be really pretty with your BM dresses! I will probably do some colorful mixed with the ivory.

Yeah, the cake icing flowers don't look too good, haha, so I will do the fresh flowers on the cake. It says that they can use the same kind of flowers that are in your bouquet you choose, so that will look cute.

I don't think a 2 hours is too long for a cocktail party. I think that will be just right.

She also sent me the 2009 FAQ attachment, so if anyone wants it feel free to PM me and I will email it to you.

I think the cost is $8-$17 per person depending on what you get. That is what it says in the FAQ document. There is a menu with prices somewhere on this thread, but I can't find it. A girl posted it for me a while back. I remember thinking the food sounded gross...but I am picky!