Are any of you girls doing a sand ceremony during your ceremony (legal or symbolic)?...Or even the whole sand frame thing? I was just reading about this and I like the idea of the sand frame, but it seems like it might be a hassle to travel with it, both before and after.

Hey girls-I thought about doing the sand ceremony, but I ultimately decided against it. I think it will be too much of a hassle to bring there. My dress already weighs a TON and I am bringing raffia fans and chair bows, etc. so I don't want to add more weight. I think it is a cute idea though!

I am undecided between a flower ceremony and a sand ceremony...I like both a lot. The cons to a sand ceremony is the weight during travelling and the con for the flower ceremony is the cost of flowers for every guest, that could get expensive.

Obviously I still have some more thinking to do on this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsbride View Post
I am undecided between a flower ceremony and a sand ceremony...I like both a lot. The cons to a sand ceremony is the weight during travelling and the con for the flower ceremony is the cost of flowers for every guest, that could get expensive.
Obviously I still have some more thinking to do on this...
Forgive me for not knowing....but what is a flower ceremony?

I 've seen the flower ceremony before in a friend of a friends wedding photos and really liked it. This is something that is done in Hawaii but I'd like to bring it to Mexico.

This is what it's about:

Circle of Love

If you are planning a Hawaii wedding on one of the beautiful beaches, then consider incorporating a Hawaiian love circle into your ceremony. A circle of flowers surrounds the bride and groom, as they stand together in the center during the ceremony. This is a great way to incorporate the colorful floral and fauna of the tropical landscape surrounding you – and it also symbolizes the eternity of your love. Many wedding designers can help you choose beautiful tropical flowers that match the colors you have chosen for your wedding in Hawaii and your Hawaiian beach wedding dress. Yellows, oranges, and reds are particularly popular with most couples – and they look beautiful in the photographs.

So what I was thinking is to give every guest a flower create the ring that my FI and I would stand in, it would be like a blessing from each guest for the two of us to join together.

Hey girls,

I like both the ideas of the sand and flower ceremonies, but I'm concerned about the logistics of them. So far, my plan is to have somebody read this poem because it make me cry everytime I read it, and it's so us ...

Love

I love you

Not only for what you are,

But for what I am

When I am with you.

I love you,

Not only for what

You have made of yourself,

But for what

You are making of me.

I love you

For the part of me