Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsbride View Post
Josie - I have told all my guests the same so I guess I just let it be and hopefully everything will go smoothly.

For those ladies who are getting legally married before going to the RIU, how far in advance are you having the ceremony? What are you going to wear? What about the guests, I don't want to make it a big deal but will people be offended if they were not invited to the actual ceremony?

Is everyne planning a AHR? if you are, how long after the actual wedding until you have the AHR?

sorry, I've got lots of questions...
As of right now, we're planning to get legally married the day before we leave. We're not really inviting anyone (except our parents of course), because, like everyone else, we don't want people to think our wedding in Mexico is any less special. We will consider our real wedding to be the day we get married in Mexico.
We haven't decided yet about our AHR...I really like Tylersgirl's idea of getting another dress that's a little more casual, but still has that "wedding day" look.

Good Idea Josie, I think that the people who are not able to attend would love to watch over the internet! I am going to have to look into this, I'll let you know what I can find out.

I think I am with you too Josie on the AHR, I don't want people to feel like we are having our stuff over and over again.

We are going to get married just a couple days before, we discussed it last night and it seems like the best thing to do. We are going to keep it secret and not exchange rings or anything. Just the two of us. I am actually really excited about it, it's rare that we get to do things with just us, family always has their input.

I'm so happy to hear that RPRM has moved up two spots! I usually check TripAdvisor twice a week, if not more! I've even gone through all of the traveler's photo's over and over again!

jetsbride- we're actually considering doing a BBQ for our AHR in the summer after we get back. It will be couple months later, but like you, we would have to wait until it's warm enough out. I wouldn't worry about people thinking you're dragging it out...it's your wedding...you might as well make it last as long as possible! And for those who didn't attend your DW, it will be their first time celebrating with you! Definitely see your point about those who did attend you DW having to celebrate one too many times with you though, lol!

Josie- I haven't heard of RPRM having a live stream, as of yet anyway...my mom actually found a website that can make it possible to have this though. It's IdoStream live wedding webcast, broadcast and video streaming. Share your wedding live online for friends and family who cannot make it to the event.. I'm definitely going to look more into it!

We're thinking about going to the courthouse in the U.S. after we get back from Mexico. That way we really do get married in Mexico but don't have to wait 9 months to make it legal in the states. Any reason why people aren't doing it this way and are getting married before they leave instead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLaBate54 View Post
I'm so happy to hear that RPRM has moved up two spots! I usually check TripAdvisor twice a week, if not more! I've even gone through all of the traveler's photo's over and over again!

jetsbride- we're actually considering doing a BBQ for our AHR in the summer after we get back. It will be couple months later, but like you, we would have to wait until it's warm enough out. I wouldn't worry about people thinking you're dragging it out...it's your wedding...you might as well make it last as long as possible! And for those who didn't attend your DW, it will be their first time celebrating with you! Definitely see your point about those who did attend you DW having to celebrate one too many times with you though, lol!

Josie- I haven't heard of RPRM having a live stream, as of yet anyway...my mom actually found a website that can make it possible to have this though. It's IdoStream live wedding webcast, broadcast and video streaming. Share your wedding live online for friends and family who cannot make it to the event.. I'm definitely going to look more into it!
I know I have gone through the travelers photo TONS of times too! smile29.gif

I know what you mean about dragging it out, but if it's what you want then I would just explain to people that you want to do something outside when its warm, so you'll have to wait till summer. I would think most people would understand and not get snarky about you trying to drag it out. I have a friend who had a DW and got pregnant right away when they got back, or maybe even while they were in Mexico. She cancelled her AHR and had it a year later. Nobody cared or said anything. We were actually worried about having ours so soon after our wedding because my matron and maid of honor both live in Texas and FI's mom lives in Florida. We didn't think it was fair to ask them to travel so soon after getting back from the DW, but nobody really cared about that.

About the streaming live on the internet thing, I remember seeing something about that when I was looking for locations a long time ago. I just looked it up, and it's an add on to packages at the Azul Sensatori. I haven't heard about the RPRM offering it, but I did take a peak at the website Katie's mom found and that looks really cool! We have a digital camcorder and could bring a laptop, but is there wireless internet at the RPRM? If there was, it would be pretty easy to just have a friend point the camera at you during the ceremony. We would prob do that anyway.

We're going to the courthouse before Mexico for the same reasons as everyone else. We want to be totally married after the ceremony, and not still have one more thing to do to make it official. On a more practical note, I'm going to be on FI's insurance and we wanted to get the paperwork on that and the name change stuff started before we leave.

For all you trip advisor pros, do you look at all the reviews for the area? We decided that we're going to go to another resort in the area after everyone leaves for a little mini-honeymoon. We're thinking the Iberostar Grand or the Secrets Marmoa. Have you come across anything that made you go 'ooh, I want to go there'?

im glad you guys are as sad and crazy as me.i am on the laptop all of the time checking something.

tylersgirl- thats great bout trip advisor.i was a little worried when we booked because the manager of our t/a shop recom,d rprm she,s bin all over the world so thought that was a good thing and we just booked it.when we got home i checked all of the review sites and all of them are really good.there was a few that mentioned a damp smell in the rooms but then people did respond saying they did,nt smell?

josie+kate,

thanks for sharing the live streaming.i would like to arrange something for our family back home on the day of our wedding this would be the best.i need to check this out.

we are having a mexican themed reception 2 weeks after then we will have recovered a little hehe.

arranging meals or bbq,s are not too expensive if you have split oneshuh.gif

im off too pilates going to be late

Chloe- We're also planning to leave RPRM after the wedding, only for another three nights, for our honeymoom. I'm actually looking into the same resorts as you, and also Excellence. I think Josie is booked at Secrets Maroma...as of right now, I think that's what I'm leaning toward too. I'm having hard time choosing though!