Hello Riu Palace brides,

I went in for a site visit on Monday. However, I was only able to meet with the assistant wedding coordinator. She told me that for dates, pricing, etc. I'd have to email Paola. I sent her an email with a list of questions and date availability. I haven't yet heard back. I have the following questions and wondering if anyone on the board can help:

1. How responsive is Paola?

2. Will they hold weddings on Sundays?

3. How flexible are they on welcome parties, beach parties, extra events? Adi said yes to everything I asked about, but I'd like some of the items agreed upon in writing prior to booking.

4. Has anyone priced out doing an event on the beach here? If so, what were the costs - bar service, bonfire, furniture rental, sound system, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Do you know what they charge for the private bar? I'm confused as they gave me the bar options, which are like $60 a person for 4 hours. I can't imagine that they really want me to pay that much for a bar and another $44 a person for dinner. I could almost have a wedding in New York for that cost!

Amber, I will try to answer your questions as best I can.

Originally Posted by Amberya17 View Post

Hello Riu Palace brides,

I went in for a site visit on Monday. However, I was only able to meet with the assistant wedding coordinator. She told me that for dates, pricing, etc. I'd have to email Paola. I sent her an email with a list of questions and date availability. I haven't yet heard back. I have the following questions and wondering if anyone on the board can help:

1. How responsive is Paola?   She seems pretty good.  I already knew my date I wanted so I initially got in contact with her after I put in my request for my wedding day on their actual website.

2. Will they hold weddings on Sundays? Per their website, unfortunately no weddings on Sundays or National Holidays

3. How flexible are they on welcome parties, beach parties, extra events? Adi said yes to everything I asked about, but I'd like some of the items agreed upon in writing prior to booking. I believe they are pretty flexible on the welcome parties, beach parties, extra events.  

4. Has anyone priced out doing an event on the beach here? If so, what were the costs - bar service, bonfire, furniture rental, sound system, etc.  I have yet to read any beach pricing in this forum.  I would wait to hear from Paola since it seems pricing here changes annually.  I did read in some documents that there is a federal tax for using the beach.  It's like 130 USD in addition to all the other costs.

Thanks in advance!

Do you know what they charge for the private bar? I'm confused as they gave me the bar options, which are like $60 a person for 4 hours. I can't imagine that they really want me to pay that much for a bar and another $44 a person for dinner. I could almost have a wedding in New York for that cost!

For my private reception - for open bar they are charging me $10 per person. 

Originally Posted by mv562 View Post

Hello,

Can someone please email me the price listing and any other relevant info for Riu palace Cabo? Mrcllvega81@yahoo.com

Hi mv562 - this is a thread for Riu RM (Riviera Maya) brides.  Not much detail about Cabo in this thread.  I would do a search of the forum for RIU Cabo brides.  A lot of threads come up.  Best of luck!  Cabo is beautiful.  We stayed at Dreams there in 2007!

We have everyone booked! I do have one friend who has only booked her room and is waiting on airfare. Waiting on what, who knows! It's like 90 days away!! Whoa, weird!! I do have a quick question, most of my guests are using the private transport, cancun transfers. I do have a few people who will be coming in alone and that seems super expensive! Any other options anyone know of???

I asked my travel agent about matchbooks and they are not allowed on even checked bags. You can have one matchbook per person. I am flying american airlines. Just thought I would share that. I am wondering about 5 hour energy drinks though....may check that out!! (Maybe that's because I'm tired right now

Originally Posted by jessd123 View Post

We have everyone booked! I do have one friend who has only booked her room and is waiting on airfare. Waiting on what, who knows! It's like 90 days away!! Whoa, weird!! I do have a quick question, most of my guests are using the private transport, cancun transfers. I do have a few people who will be coming in alone and that seems super expensive! Any other options anyone know of???

I asked my travel agent about matchbooks and they are not allowed on even checked bags. You can have one matchbook per person. I am flying american airlines. Just thought I would share that. I am wondering about 5 hour energy drinks though....may check that out!! (Maybe that's because I'm tired right now

Hey Jess - congrats on everyone booking!!!!  We had a few stragglers on airfare...in fact we still have one couple who hasn't bought theirs either and the wedding is in like 53 days!  HELLO!  We even had 3 couples that tried to book the beginning of this week - THE RESORT IS SOLD OUT FOR OUR WEEK!.  Sometimes I do not understand how some people think they can plan such abig trip like thid in 2 months before departure on Easter/Spring Recess to boot!   I feel bad, but my FI jokingly says, hey you snooze you lose!

So your guests are using Olympus Tours, right?  It's part of their resort cost, yes?   That's what all our guests are using. We booked through Wendy Hicks at Wright Travel (from this website). Perhaps contact Olympus Tours directly to see if they would take on these people travelling alone.  I made a contact with them.  His name is Miguel Tenorio.  His email is mtenorio@olympus-tours.com.  Maybe see if he can help you out.

As far as the matches - yes I found that out a few months ago when I was reading TSA guidelines.  I am FED-EXING the matces to Ariadna at the resort.  She said I could.  THANK GOODNESS!  Of course it's going to cost more to send them than what we paid for them, but I WANT THEM - so....it is what it is!  It will only take a few days to get there so I am sending at the beginning of next month.

Thanks very much for the responses. If only the responses I got from the Riu office were so clear! I really appreciate it. I think we're going to book for November 18th this weekend. I'll update you all.

You are welcome Amberya17!  Good luck - let us know if you need anything! 

Sooooo happy that this forum exists! Hi ladies! I went on a site visit last month and decided on a private venue for the wedding. Now we are looking at hotels for our guests ave I have started considering riu palace riviera maya vs riu palace mexico. We want a fun, kid friendly, budget friendly, and beautiful resort with good food! Can anyone comment on whether this resort fits the needs? Also, does anyone know details on rehearsal dinners? Costs? Locations? Thanks! Both resorts look amazing!