Jen, 

Thanks sooo much for the info... Initially we were hoping to be under $10,000 too... I am afraid everything is really going to add up quickly, especially when you add in the photographer...  I had a cousin who got married at RIU puerto Vallerta and ended up paying a lot less then she was originally quoted... which was awesome for her!  When she got there, they just gave her tons of freebees and didn't charge her for things they said they would!

Not been on here for SOOOOO long.... just though i would check in, in the new year to see whats what.... Definatly not many RPRM brides!!! This resort is fantastic, would go back and do it all agin in a heart beat!!!

Good Luck ladies xx

• 3 weeks later...

We are getting married at the RPRM on 4/19/12. We are expecting about 35-40 to come and since we are having an AHR we don't want to pay the extra 20 bucks a person for a private dinner. After talking to our videographer we've decided to do the bridal party entrance, first dance, toasts, etc before dinner at our cocktail party. We are also bringing an iPod and a Bose docking system. It won't be the normal wedding schedule but then again we are doing a destination wedding because we didn't want norm. 

Its less than 3 weeks away and I'm freaking.  Sooo much to do! Congrats girls! Can't wait to hear how your planning is going!

Hello and Congrats on your wedding!!! We are getting married at RIU RM April 21.  Jenc8060, we were quoted 50 per head for a private event at Chilis or the Brazilian place! Who did you speak to for the 20 quote? We have over 50 people too.  So fustrated right now on how much RIU charges for all inclusive-seems to be adding up!

Hello and congrats to all!

We are getting married April 21 2012 at the RIU RM and I am starting to get stressed! We have over 50 people and we were quoted 50 per person to have a private reception plus 1200 for a DJ!!! Its all inclusive I dont get it!!??? Anyone have any insight on this?

I just reread my post. I meant 3 months away. If it were only 3 wks I would be having a heart attack. 

@tereandren-- we'll be there at the same time! I can't believe you are having over 50 people and they are still wanting to charge you an additional 50 a person. Ridiculous. Have you heard anything about them charging an extra 10 dollars a person for open bar? I haven't read anything in the info that Riu has given me but I read something that was posted on here a couple of years ago. I'm hoping that it's changed. I agree with you....everyone is paying for all inclusive so we shouldn't be charged extra. 

Congrats Nic! What is your date? April is such a nice month.  I have not heard of the 10 dollar charge?! I know they were charging me 12 dollar minimum for apps during cocktail hour and 50 per per for a private dinner at Chilis or Botofogo-I really don't know what to do! What are you doing for the wedding? Have you been in touch with the hotel? Its coming up soon enough and I feel like I have waited too long with all the things I have to do and now paying for the private reception is an added stress! We cannot do semi private its too late for 50 people to eat. We are also considering the splurg for a DJ too since we love to dance-

We are flying in on April 16th and getting married the 19th. Our ceremony is at 4 pm. Our plan Is to have a mariachi band play directly after the ceremony. After that the bridal party will take pics and meet up with everyone around 6:00 for appetizers and cocktail hour. We are having an AHR and paying for a band so I really do not want to pay 1200 for a dj. We are going to bring our iPod and Bose system and just play music ourselves. We are going to use the cocktail hour as the dancing part of the reception. Not the norm but it'll save me money. Who knows maybe this will all change once I actually hear from somebody from the resort. 

We chose a destination wedding for several reasons. One of them being the cost. Silly us... I'm still excited and happy that we are going to get married there. I've been to the RPRM before and loved it. 

When are you flying in?

Nic, that is a good idea to have the band play and bring the Bose system.  My father wants a DJ with the feeling of a formal wedding :-) He wasnt extremely thrilled with a destination wedding. I am just confused at how they quote everyone different amounts-that is not fair! Are you making OOT bags? If so what are you adding to them?

We are flying in Tuesday the 17th to prepare for the symbolic wedding Saturday-

Have you priced how the spa yet and how much it will cost for your hair?

I haven't gotten any information regarding salon prices. I have thought about this a lot in the last week but just don't know who to call.  Have you been in contact with anyone from the actual resort? The only person that I've talked to is Ana Hernandez and she works for Riu but doesn't work at the resort. 

I can't believe how much different the costs are. The information they gave me was for 2011 so I wonder if they are going to say that the 2012 rates are $50 a person?! Either way it's ridiculous.

We are making OOT bags. It seems like all of my time lately is devoted to them. I just hope they turn out nice since so much work is being spent on them. As of now, I have travel glasses, crossword puzzles, Sudoku, and playing cards. I also got hand sanitizer (if you have a Bath and Body Works near by GO THERE. I went last night and they had the travel hand sanitizers on sale for 75% off so they came out to .37 a piece) and kleenex. We are also doing room key holders and survival kits as well as hangover kits. I am trying to keep the bags around 10.00 a piece so I might be cutting one of the kits out if I need to. I am already 10k over my overall budget so I gotta slow down the spending :)

How about you? Are you making OOT bags?