Thanks so much for the feedback and your amazing review now I can relax alot :) I emailed Nancy and she said a private reception would be $40 per person so I will have to see why the prices doubled I thought that was a little to much.

Originally Posted by SCarp View Post

Bride2B: They gave me a price for having the reception on the beach, but it was almost twice as much money. It depends on what time of year you are going I guess, but we were just there end of January and a beach reception would have been a little chilly/windy. We had ours at Chili's, which was a mostly outdoor restaurant anyway, but it was the perfect temperature at night and the wind was blocked. We decided to pay the $20 per person to have a private reception which meant we got Chili's to ourselves from 7-11. We also had the DJ, and unless you pay to have it private, you cannot have dancing at your reception. The reason we paid the $1200 for a DJ is because if you want to use your own ipod they still charge $500 (i think that was the price) to use their hook up for speakers and all that. So instead of worrying about what music we were playing, the DJ played music for us. We didn't have to tell him anything about what to play except our first dance, mother/son and father/daughter, and no one left the dance floor all night because the music he played was AWESOME. I think he was the same DJ Dana had in November and she loved him too. As for the photographer, their prices were pretty high, and we didn't really love her when she was directing us because she was kind of rude and quiet so we couldnt all hear what she was telling us  to do. BUT when we got our pics they were great. So, I would still recommend the resort photographer. From other girls on the forum I think they said when you bring an outside photographer, you just have to pay for them to get into the resort, either get them a night stay or the day pass, which was $65 per day for us.

Also, we did take our wristbands off for pictures and I lost mine, but the front desk just gave me another wristband when I showed them my photo ID.

The point I want to stress is PLEASE Don't stress too much, because they really do it all for you. You will all love it!!

Did you bring anything for centerpieces? If not, what decorations were on the tables? Will you post pics?

SCarp - great review! So exciting to hear that everythign went perfect! I have 2 months (and 2 days) until my big day. We leave April 3 and get married on the 9th. I'm definitely beginning to stress but hearing that it went so smooth for you makes me calm a little bit...

I guess I should be expecting Nancy to contact me soon, right?

Originally Posted by vlvetter7 View Post

I shot her an email Nic. Hopefully she'll get back to me soon!!

Im sure she will get back to you today or tomorrow as i found she got back to me quite quickly, even last July when i was just asking one or two things!!!

Keep us informed :) x

I leave one week from today!!!  So crazy.  I decided to not e-mail anymore and solve everything there!  I was told $20 for the 2 hour reception and $40 for the four hour.   I am doing the 2 and Not paying the extra for an open bar.  We are also gonna pay for apps. during the cocktail.  We have 92 guests coming with us and are still debating the garden or the beach...I just don't know.