Can u ask, past and future brides

What did you get your parents. I want to get my parents a little gift to open on the morning of the wedding? What did you get or what are you getting? 1 or 2 ideas would be great x

Thanks xox

two questions I am currently freaking out over...

1. do the chairs (on the beach) come with white covers? or are they just folding chairs.

2. what is the number of guests they use to determine weather or not you get the earlier seating for dinner? also, do you get to pick the restaurant?

3. anyone pay extra for appetizers during the cocktail?? we want to do this...what do they serve? how much will it cost?

we already have 50 people booked for our feb. wedding...expect about 70 total and REALLY want the earlier seating. we are planning on paying for the private room. do you think this will get us any pull? so don't want to eat at 9pm!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrb View Post

1. do the chairs (on the beach) come with white covers? or are they just folding chairs.
2. what is the number of guests they use to determine weather or not you get the earlier seating for dinner? also, do you get to pick the restaurant?
3. anyone pay extra for appetizers during the cocktail?? we want to do this...what do they serve? how much will it cost?

we already have 50 people booked for our feb. wedding...expect about 70 total and REALLY want the earlier seating. we are planning on paying for the private room. do you think this will get us any pull? so don't want to eat at 9pm!!!
Oooooo, im interested in these answers too.... we dont want late seating either as our wedding is at 1pm xox

3. anyone pay extra for appetizers during the cocktail?? we want to do this...what do they serve? how much will it cost?***

***I have a price list that outlines the costs for the cocktail hour. There are several different choices…send me your email and I can send it all your way…

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrb View Post

I was just re-reading the info packet that was sent to me by the Riu sales department and it says in bold, underlined letters:

"Groups over 27 people for dinner will be accomodated during the 2nd seating."

nic- I got both of my parents embroidered hankies with touching sayings from etsy.com

The chairs come with white chair covers.

We had 20 guests and were able to get earlier seating. We did not pay extra for anything besides the mariachi band. We asked for a complimentary cocktail reception, which we had free of charge. It was awesome! They were bringing shots, cocktails, etc etc until dinner started. It worked out perfectly for us.

Linds - Wow that's awesome news. It's funny - I feel like there is a ton of wiggle room and that a lot of what they put in writing is just policy as a "just in case" thing...did you have any apps at your cocktail hour or only food? Oh, and I love your handerchiefs - saw pics on your facebook page and think they are amazing - actually saved the picture as an idea for my parents...

If you go into your meeting with a plan of exactly what you want, they are pretty easy to work with. I had zero issue with having an outside photog. Just said a friend would be doing the video and photography- I paid no fee.

I also just reminded them that it was necessary for me to have the complimentary cocktail hour because of the gap between my reception and the dinner.

They said the would be charging me a set up fee for the chair bows and favors. I was never charged, however they lost my chairbows and starfish pins sad.gif Still not happy about that, but i'm over it. If you want that stuff back MAKE SURE you have a plan in place to have it delivered to your room, etc. It is really easy to forget about. I didn't even think about the fact that those items were never returned to me until we were already home.