Hello ladies!

Thanks for the review E!

And Sammy everything will be fine! Enjoy that you are well prepared.

Quick question for you... What are you ladies doing about table decor for the reception? I wanted to see if I could bring in some of my own things and just have them set it up for me. Are you just going with their centerpieces?

Thanks!

Adrienne

Hi Ladies,

Erin - thanks for the great review. I have also booked with Moments that Matter Photography and i am SUPER excited about it. good to know that you didn't have to pay the "penalty" fee....

Jen - love the dress, i love how flowly they look

Adrienne - i was wondering about center pieces too but i think i gave up on that idea, i'm not creative enough to come up with something sad.gif oh well.

Well girls this is getting really exciting. I cant wait to hear about the upcoming weddings. As for my wedding and the issue with people being hesitant to come and what not, my FI and discussed it and i think we have come to terms with it. it is what it is and we will just enjoy our day with those who chose to come... at the end of the day we will be married and that all that really matters.... sometimes something new, different and nontraditional is just a little too much for people.. oh well! haha just gotta smile and laugh it off. Everyone take care!

Adrienne- I did something SO easy! I bought little white sand pails that are votive holders, white coconut votive candles and tied raffia around them in a bow, i put a pink seahorse, and blue fish on either side (my colors) and I will be scattering silk orchids along the table. SUPER easy. I will post pics when I get home from work! We will scatter some hot pink silk rose petals on the tables for a pop of color as well.

This was very cheap. I got the candles from the yankee candle votive sale

20 @ $1= $20

stickers= $7

Raffia= $1

pails (2 per pack at $1)= $10

hot pink silk rose petals= $3

Total= $41

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlvetter7 View Post
Dreamingofsunshine...I love your attitude! That is exactly how I am trying to look at this entire situation!
I second that! I am the say way... My FI's mom was talking about her aunt and uncle just tonight who said they weren't going to Mexico for the wedding because they don't want to get their heads cut off... These same people go to border cities in mexico to get their hearing aids for cheaper!! I mean seriously. But oh well, this is our day! We are doing an AHR too please everyone else because we will be happily married by then and can worry about others more then.

Sammysgirl- thanks for the great centerpiece idea

Erin- Thanks for sharing your pictures! You looked gorgeous and all of the pictures came out great!

Paige- Sorry for responding so late to this, but yes, I would definitely reccomend Alux for drinks. I dont remember if they were really expensive or not though, but I think it would be an ideal place to go with your gruop. It's also such a unique place to see, and I'm so happy we did it! Also, we ended up just taking cabs there, which were $5 each way...so pretty reasonable.

Sammysgirl- You must be getting so excited! Your day is almost here!

Thank you so much for the pics and review Erin! I love to see the beach wedding pics because there weren't many before! Your wedding looked fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNagan2011 View Post
Ordered the BM dresses today (well 3 out of 6). Here is the link to it: After Six Bridesmaid Style 6556P: The Dessy Group
OMG if I wasn't 5 foot nothing, I would totally buy this dress for the welcome dinner or something! I absolutely love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysgirl View Post
So I'm starting to freak out a little bit because we are getting SO close!!!!! I feel like there are things I need to do that I am forgetting about because I did so much so early so I wouldn't be stressed out right now, but now I'm convincing myself that I've left something out.

On a good note I randomly decided to get S's ring engraved today and I had it engraved with "All my love, All my life"...it came out great!

Awwwww I love that engraving!! Precious.... and I feel you about freaking out, as you will see belowblush2.gif

I'm sure you have everything in order. Just enjoy this time--- BTW- I'll need someone to tell me that when I'm 3 weeks away too wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by aalva416 View Post
Hello ladies!

Thanks for the review E!

And Sammy everything will be fine! Enjoy that you are well prepared.

Quick question for you... What are you ladies doing about table decor for the reception? I wanted to see if I could bring in some of my own things and just have them set it up for me. Are you just going with their centerpieces?

Thanks!

Adrienne

OH centerpieces..... I had a whole setup planned out:

Click the image to open in full size.

Except I was going to place the curved vases into a circle with a candle in the middle...... THEN I realized I would be carrying down 24 glass vases down with me. They would fill an entire suitcase! So we decided to take the big vases back, and will be putting out the flowers from the ceremony with some extras (we're bringing the votives from the pics, and scatter jewels)---should be perfect.

Ok, I know I am crazy with this one. I didn't want chair sashes to begin with, but when I realized we couldn't afford a huppah, decided to add color. So I bought these ones:

I love the color, it's perfect- but I just saw a pic of a beach wedding with satin sashes (loved them!), and I bought organza. Now I am rethinking my decision..... I can totally sell these sashes on here (or elsewhere) they're really pretty- but I want to get your opinion on satin vs. organza?

I know this seems so trivial, but for some reason I cannot make up my mind- it's not like me! For goodness sakes- I purchased the 2ND DRESS I had ever tried on!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlvetter7 View Post
I've just received confirmation for my April 2011 wedding. This post was very helpful in trying to determine a location. Thank you to you all for helping me decide! It seems forever away...
vlvetter, I just submitted my request for april 2011. How long did you wait until you received your confirmation? When's the big day? Happy planning. =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTrunck View Post
Thank you so much for the pics and review Erin! I love to see the beach wedding pics because there weren't many before! Your wedding looked fab

OMG if I wasn't 5 foot nothing, I would totally buy this dress for the welcome dinner or something! I absolutely love it!

Awwwww I love that engraving!! Precious.... and I feel you about freaking out, as you will see belowblush2.gif
I'm sure you have everything in order. Just enjoy this time--- BTW- I'll need someone to tell me that when I'm 3 weeks away too wink.gif

OH centerpieces..... I had a whole setup planned out:
Except I was going to place the curved vases into a circle with a candle in the middle...... THEN I realized I would be carrying down 24 glass vases down with me. They would fill an entire suitcase! So we decided to take the big vases back, and will be putting out the flowers from the ceremony with some extras (we're bringing the votives from the pics, and scatter jewels)---should be perfect.

Ok, I know I am crazy with this one. I didn't want chair sashes to begin with, but when I realized we couldn't afford a huppah, decided to add color. So I bought these ones:
I love the color, it's perfect- but I just saw a pic of a beach wedding with satin sashes (loved them!), and I bought organza. Now I am rethinking my decision..... I can totally sell these sashes on here (or elsewhere) they're really pretty- but I want to get your opinion on satin vs. organza?

I know this seems so trivial, but for some reason I cannot make up my mind- it's not like me! For goodness sakes- I purchased the 2ND DRESS I had ever tried on!!
Thanks, I love my BM dresses too. I think they are absolutely perfect a destination wedding...
About the sashes, I really like the ones you have and I think they will add a great color to the ceremony. However, I know what you mean, I feel like I have mainly seen the satin sashes in beach weddings. THey are just a little bolder; have you seen any pictures of brides who chose the organza for their beach wedding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by celestial419 View Post
vlvetter, I just submitted my request for april 2011. How long did you wait until you received your confirmation? When's the big day? Happy planning. =)
Hey there. I just sent you a private message...Happy planning to you as well!