Thanks Katie! We were originally going to do the Royal package, but since our guest list is over 40, I am assuming we will need to do the Caprice. I'm kind of stressing about the ceremony set up because 1. FI wants to get married on the beach, not gazebo, 2. I do not want to pay the $500+ for the huppah and I'm really afraid that it is going to look too plain.... I also had decided not to do chairbows which makes it even more plain! So I am trying to figure out how to incorporate some flowers in there without breaking the bank, and maybe chairbows..............oh, and I think the beach one will let you use a fake flower arch, but I'm afraid it will look cheesy...

Any advice ladies? Did any past brides see any weddings on the beach that didn't have the huppah?

Wow sammysgirl you only have a month to go!!!! How freaking exciting. Oh yeah, and packing advice would def be a help!

Hey Staicy! Excited to hear about your site inspection!

Jannae here are some ideas:

if no gazebo, then I think you Must have the chair bows: for about 180 you get the most bang for your buck because of the pop of color.

Also I think the caprice package comes with a bag of petals, you can scatter them along the aisle, or make two straight lines of petals for an impromptu aisle. Each extra bag of petals is only $10, right?

Then I also know they do small arrangements to put along the aisle as well.

Maybe get 5 bags of petals and divide it amongst the guests to throw at you at the end? Would make 4 great pics!

I wouldn't worry about the altar and huppah. The ocean is a beautiful backdrop as it is!

Hope this helped!

Well girls, I hit my one month mark yesterday...and found out that neither S's mom or dad will be coming to Mexico. I am beyond angry. We are supposed to have a shower with his side of the family this weekend and I am strongly considering not going. If they can't support us in our marriage, I really see no reason to spend time with them. I know it sounds selfish, but there is not one good reason for his parents not to come. At this point I want nothing to do with them. Everything is always on their terms. When I have a baby they will be all over me, but for something that might put them out of their comfort zone a little bit they can't do it. Not even for their son. There are no words to describe how I am feeling right now. I'm really not sure what to do at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysgirl View Post
Well girls, I hit my one month mark yesterday...and found out that neither S's mom or dad will be coming to Mexico. I am beyond angry. We are supposed to have a shower with his side of the family this weekend and I am strongly considering not going. If they can't support us in our marriage, I really see no reason to spend time with them. I know it sounds selfish, but there is not one good reason for his parents not to come. At this point I want nothing to do with them. Everything is always on their terms. When I have a baby they will be all over me, but for something that might put them out of their comfort zone a little bit they can't do it. Not even for their son. There are no words to describe how I am feeling right now. I'm really not sure what to do at this point.
Oh no Linds, thats awful! So they just decided not to go, don't they know their son will only be getting married once and they are missing out on the biggest moment in your guys lifehuh.gif! That's a hard one about the shower; are any of his other relatives coming down to the wedding who you'd offend if you didn't show up? All i know is that it is their loss all the way, and just try to keep your head up and enjoy YOUR wedding!

Jen- that's the whole thing. NONE of his family is coming except is brother. Granted many of his family members don't have much money or are old and don't feel comfortable traveling that far, so in terms of people actually coming to the shower that are coming to the wedding--there is just one, his brother. At this point I'm not really sure I care of I offend anyone because they have no problem with hanging us out to dry. His parents have done NOTHING to help my family! My parents are paying for everything! Including our traditional AHR that will be just like a regular wedding reception without the ceremony back home! I don't even want his mom and dad there because I don't feel like they deserve to attend. If they can't pony up any money to help, extend a helping offering like watch our dogs or something, or come to Mexico, then why should they get to ccome party with everyone and drink the drinks and eat the food that my parents paid for....its so ridiculous in my mind.

At the same time, I don't want to stoop to their level of having such poor sense of self and what is right by not going to the shower. I am a very strong woman, and I won't play nicey nice to them when I see them. So if I do go, they will both get the cold shoulder, because that's what they have given me and it would go against everything I stand for if I acted all fake like it is no big deal....ugh! FML!

Sammysgirl- I really wish I had some encouraging words for you right now but all I can come up with is that REALLY SUCKS! One of my biggest fears is that my family will not come, but I keep telling myself that it's not about them, it's about Joe and me! Regardless of whether Sam's parents are there or not, you will still have an absolutely amazing time and not even that can ruin it!

However...I'm just like you and I would totally boycott their shower, but that might not be the best idea...

Vlvetter- that's exactly where I am stuck! I don't want to make myself look bad by not showing up, which will absolutely reflect poorly on me considering its a shower with his side of the family, of course they are going to take each others side!

One of the things that upsets me the most is his dad's excuse. His dad isn't going because he's so cheap and selfish, but instead he told sam that the reason he isn't going is because he doesn't believe in not getting married in a church!!! It is such BS! This is coming from a man that is an alcoholic and divorced! Not to say that there is anything wrong with being divorced, but its not exactly like he's the most Godly man.

Sammysgirl: do what you feel. If you care about relationship in the future with his side than go, if you dont care than ignore it, like they ignore your big day. I would be also so angry too in this situation.

We had some family issues too, that my side and his side didnt want to stay in the same resort for a week. I could not handle it anymore. So we had a round table conversation with everyone in the family from both sides discussing the problem we had. I hope we solved all of them. We cried, hugged, kissed and started from new page. Now all staying in the same place. So far all good, we had even a big diner all together.

So may be it is an option to tell them how you feel.

Regardless what they will decide, it is one of the most memorable days in your life (second will be your baby) and it will be AMAZING no matter what.

Sammysgirl! I am so sorry that you are going through this! a part of me says boycott the shower but at the same time don't stoop to their level. I say go to the shower and be nice (reverse psychology) if they even understand that. Don't let this ruin your upcoming happy days! maybe its better than they wont come that way they wont make any comments at the wedding or do sth stupid that may offend you!

I can't believe the dad made that Church comment, he must be crazy (sorry).