your Pic is fab..... You look gorgeous :-) WOW.... I cant wait.

We have been waiting now for about 11 months for summer 2011 prices to be available.

SO SO excited as yesterday my TA phoned me and has said that the prices will be out and ready to book on 29th April 2010.... whoo whoo, weve waited 11 months whats another 27 days!!!! Cant wait to get exact date & prices and start to book :-)

x

KimmyG- we're just creating a playlist to play while the guests are arriving,and for when we walk down the aisle. I'm a huge fan of old standards- Sinatra, Etta James, Tony Bennet, so that will be while the guests are arriving. Then FI wants me to walk down the aisle in good ol traditional canon in D major. We'll just bring those on a CD. I've also heard that the resort has good songs on CD that they let you use for the aisle walk too.

Yay Nicola! Ugh, I remember the waiting for the prices to come out- it seemed like it took forever! But when they do come out, you really feel like you can get rockin and rollin- like it's more official even though it's not!!

Thanks everyone! I will let you know once my official review is posted...by this weekend I hope!

KimmyG- I didn't create any type of playlist of the harpist...Ael pretty much told me two songs that he can play while you walk down the aisle...Cannon in D or the traditional wedding March...I ended up choosing Cannon in D. I just let him play whatever else he wanted, which was fine, because everyone said it sounded great! I wouldn't worry too much about it.

JNagan- When I was there the only beer they had was Dos Equis...I actually didn't even see Corona. Everyone seemed to be fine with it though, even though there wasn't much of a selection. They do offer a light or a dark version of the beer, so at least you can choose between the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicyx View Post
your Pic is fab..... You look gorgeous :-) WOW.... I cant wait.

We have been waiting now for about 11 months for summer 2011 prices to be available.
SO SO excited as yesterday my TA phoned me and has said that the prices will be out and ready to book on 29th April 2010.... whoo whoo, weve waited 11 months whats another 27 days!!!! Cant wait to get exact date & prices and start to book :-)

x
Nicola- I have also been waiting patiently for the rates to come out. I contacted Riu's group department in late February and had a complete panic attack when I was told they were charging over $300 per night, per person! One response even quoted $475 per night! There were major inconsistencies in the prices...anyhow, just yesterday our TA was able to get us an official rate of $171 per night (per person). Compared to the quotes Riu was providing I am super happy! Can't wait to hear what you find out...and you're right- what's another 27 days when you've been waiting for 11 months already!!! ;-)

Ok ladies i know i have posted something before about blood tests and im fine with that but i have just been reading the riu website and came across this in the FAQ section :

Q...Do I need to take a blood test and, if so, what diseases do you test for?

A...Yes, but only if you are planning to get married in Mexico.

Tests of HIV and syphilis, Gonorrea, Herpes and all the STD's are required and must be perform by a certified doctor. Your on-site wedding coordinator will arrange the doctor's appointment in your hotel room. You can not take the blood test in your country and bring the results to the Resort. The cost of the blood test is included in the wedding package price.

Okay so i maybe sounding stupid here but we have to have tests done i get and understand that but i was under the impession it was just a blood test?

How does a blood test determine all the others?

Surely if i needed to go for a STD test here i wouldnt just get a blood test, i would be subject to an unpleasent 10 mins of prodding and poking?

And if this is the case then its just the way it is but if they do need to prod and poke can my FI stay with as i would be a bit unsure in a foreign country with a doctor thats not my own?

Sorry for rambling?? Hope this makes sense what im trying to say.

Hope you can help x

THANK YOU x x x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicyx View Post
Ok ladies i know i have posted something before about blood tests and im fine with that but i have just been reading the riu website and came across this in the FAQ section :

Q...Do I need to take a blood test and, if so, what diseases do you test for?

A...Yes, but only if you are planning to get married in Mexico.
Tests of HIV and syphilis, Gonorrea, Herpes and all the STD's are required and must be perform by a certified doctor. Your on-site wedding coordinator will arrange the doctor's appointment in your hotel room. You can not take the blood test in your country and bring the results to the Resort. The cost of the blood test is included in the wedding package price.

Okay so i maybe sounding stupid here but we have to have tests done i get and understand that but i was under the impession it was just a blood test?
How does a blood test determine all the others?
Surely if i needed to go for a STD test here i wouldnt just get a blood test, i would be subject to an unpleasent 10 mins of prodding and poking?

And if this is the case then its just the way it is but if they do need to prod and poke can my FI stay with as i would be a bit unsure in a foreign country with a doctor thats not my own?

Sorry for rambling?? Hope this makes sense what im trying to say.

Hope you can help x

THANK YOU x x x
I was very weary about all of this too, that's why FI and I are doing legal day beforehand, and in MX we're doing the 'symbolic' ceremony and you don't have to do blood tests for that.

Other ladies might be of more help though!