The BM's girlfriend is driving me nuts!

Ava

We booked our group at the Riu Jalisco in Mexico. The Riu has a strict "80% of guests must stay at the hotel" rule. Also, we organised a good deal for everyone, with Sunquests promise to honour lower rates should they come up more than 60 days before departure. The Riu's do book out sometimes.

The best man's girlfriend says they are waiting until the last minute to get a better deal. If they were tight for money, we'd offer to help. They're not.

This would be fine (except the fact that it is the best man, I don't like running that risk) if she was not going to all my FI's friends, and telling them to wait until the last minute too. Luckily, the ones that mattered ignored her.

Now they are talking about hiring timeshares. That's fine - except that so far we have 25 people booked. We can only have another 5 from outside the resort. Two places have already been reserved. The BM's parents are very important to my FI, and they get next choice (it's their timeshare). Then of course, the BM. I don't know if the girlfriend realizes this is going to leave her out of the wedding (because trust me, she's getting last choice in). Also, that they have to pay $100 each to come in (I'm sure as shit not paying it for her).

Like I said, I understand not having the money, or wanting to stay somewhere else. I just feel like she's trying to be difficult, and that the BM made a commitment to my man, that he would be a big part of this wedding, and that now it's being broken. Plus if I hear one more person say "But *** told me to wait until the last minute", I may choke her.

Have you told her that she wont be coming if she doesn't book with your hotel? I would straight up sit her down and talk to her. Let her know you can only have so many people from outside the resort and it will be family first so if she wants a guaraneed pass in they should book at the resort. People are stupid. I hate it when one person gets an idea in their head and they have to "share" it with everyone else. Good luck and make sure you say something before it gets too out of hand.

I actually haven't seen her from the time she first jumped down my throat about the prices about a month ago. We've both been too angry at her (I kinda left that part out, she really attacked us over the prices - attacking me about my own wedding!)

We have however seen the best man, and let him know in a roundabout way, that she may not be at the wedding.

Maybe you're right, I need to tell her that to her face, in a nonconfrontational way.

i'd probably call her and tell her. and i'd try to make her feel bad - something like, "well, it seems as though you don't want to be at the wedding. i feel that if you really wanted to be there, you would have booked at the resort so that you'd have no doubts."

good luck! she sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren c. View Post
i'd probably call her and tell her. and i'd try to make her feel bad - something like, "well, it seems as though you don't want to be at the wedding. i feel that if you really wanted to be there, you would have booked at the resort so that you'd have no doubts."
good luck! she sucks!

Haha, thanks! I think good luck! she sucks! is going to be my mantra when dealing with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melwru View Post
Sorry she is being so difficult but I can totally relate! I have a few people doing the same thing. Its so frustrating!
I notice you're at a RIU too - are you having the same numbers problem too?

Just tell her - unless she books at the hotel she aint coming - you owe her jack shit and if she's being a PITA now it'll only get worse.

One of my best m8s said he couldn't guarantee he could come that far ahead(!) and that even if he did he wouldn't pay that much. one month later he rings me and tells me he is going to Mexico for 2 weeks and its costing him more!!

I said crack on and oh btw if you are coming your g/f isn't invited I'm not paying for someone to attend my wedding that I don't know lol

You've just got to be straight up and if she starts acting like an arse just belt her one lmao