Transportation issues

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mpark46

• 154 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 12:23 AM

We've planned a sunset cruise for our dinner guests. Luckily, there are only 12 or 13 people that are going.

With the taxi union strike, is there a way to get everyone from Dreams to the harbor (and back) other than by taxi?

#2 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 13 July 2008 - 12:30 AM

this is such a problem right now...a taxi may be your only option...get those van taxi's that fir 8-10 people and just get 2 of them.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
    Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 Cabo Wedding Coordinator

Cabo Wedding Coordinator
    • 231 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 12:35 PM

They had a meeting on Saturday but didn´t come to an agreement, it´s true Taxis are still our only choice.

#4 Mango Deck

Mango Deck
      • 141 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 03:16 PM

Hey there...

Unfortunately, until today (sunday morning), there hasnt' been a "good agreemetn" so, sadly tha Taxis are still, the people's choice... Also, the only choice we have...

#5 Kelly C

Kelly C
        • 2,051 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 07:35 PM

This really sucks! We are doing a snokel/dive tour the day before the wedding for 20 people. I'm hold ing out hoping they get things worked out.
          Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

#6 dinogomez.com

• 5,705 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 06:42 PM

Light at the end of the tunnel.

Apparently a truce has been arranged and the talks are pointing in the right direction, government and transport unions have been talking for the past few weeks trying to find a solution, hopefully soon the problem will be over. Today I saw on the streets again some private transport running. Let's all hope for the best.

#7 Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 5,752 posts
            • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 15 July 2008 - 08:09 PM

thanks for the update dino, please let us know anything you hear!

#8 vinxy

• 14 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 03:21 PM

We just got back. We also did a cruise from the harbor and all our guests were staying at the hilton. They use very big taxis down there. We had 37 people and we just took 4 big taxis. They charged $5 per person from the Hilton which is fairly far. I didn't think it was unreasonable.

On the way bag I just found some taxis. They asked $6 per person and I said $5. They quickly accepted.

Another time when we went to Cabo we had 8 people in a really big van. He wanted $5 per person. I knew we could squeeze the other 4 in but I said why crowd when we can just get another cab since we are paying per person. The driver quickly dropped the price by another dollar per person.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users