Photo

TA In Illinois?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 beachbride89

beachbride89
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 10:36 PM

Hi everybody... I have been looking online for some time now and I just cant find what I am looking for. Do any of you know of a Travel agent in IL, Chicago Suburbs that will deal with DW? I am just having the worst time getting the ball rolling.

#2 lucy106

lucy106
    • 2,880 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 10:48 PM

Hey there fellow Illinois bride...I couldnt fine one either so I went outside the state. I am sure some of our BDW TAs would love to help you!!

#3 BillysBride

BillysBride
      • 1,255 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 04:56 PM

Make that another Illinois bride that had a helluva time. I went out of state as well out of sheer necessity. I know Tammy or one of the other lovely TA's here on the forum can help ya.
        Savannah

http://i17.photobuck....inecollage.jpgThe Fab Four (my quads) Meryn, Kellen, Nico & Layla
        http://global.thekno...rs/tt265ad.aspxhttp://www.mywedding...nnah/index.html20 STD's w. pre-lim RSVP sent 6/15/09: 7 "Yes" so far/10 guests total!

#4 beachbride89

beachbride89
        • 36 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 05:04 PM

Thanks to both of you, I just don't understand why its so hard to find a TA in IL..lol I sapose I will have to go out of state. But how will that work, will it be all on the phone and e-mail?

#5 beachbride08

beachbride08
          • VIP Member
          • 2,372 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 09:28 PM

I am working with Nita Haas from Viking Travel in Westmont, IL. She has done other destination wedding arrangements and has been a great help to me so far, but I am sure any of the other recommended TAs on the board can be just as helpful.
            Michelle

#6 amym567

amym567
            • 403 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 12:49 PM

I see that you're in Sycamore~ I'm near Rockford and used Veronika at EZ Travel. She did a great job. Let me know if you want her info.

Amy

#7 lucy106

lucy106
              • 2,880 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 01:47 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by beachbride89
                Thanks to both of you, I just don't understand why its so hard to find a TA in IL..lol I sapose I will have to go out of state. But how will that work, will it be all on the phone and e-mail?
                Yep all of our communication was email with maybe 1 or 2 phone calls. No problems at all.

#8 PamelaLuedekePhoto

PamelaLuedekePhoto
                • 93 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 03:08 PM

Hi There! First of all, Congratulations!

For the weddings I've traveled for we've used a couple different places.

here are a couple out of chicago I have found were very helpful!

Click the image to open in full size.

#9 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 5,752 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 14 July 2008 - 03:26 PM

i wouldnt recommend windy city travel only because they were overpriced and wouldnt return my phone calls. i was so ticked that i just decided to not use a TA, and everything has been going perfectly fine without one.

#10 leahmariess

leahmariess
                  • 27 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 08:01 AM

you don't need a il specific ta. i use beach bum vacations and marcie is my ta. she does all my work travel and personal also. my life would be insane if i had to do all my travel so she is a life saver. def. check her out! anyone from bb will go above and beyond for you though.
                    blog

website

my knot wedding bioboudoir website, new blog and website coming soon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users