Photo

Dreams Cancun Newbie 2009. Help!!! Info needed!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Misslawright

Misslawright
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 02:57 PM

Hello all,

Im new to this and am already driving myself mad! We have booked our wedding for July 2009 and are staying in Cancun for 2 weeks. We have qualified for the complementary ''free'' package and have not added any ungrades yet (still waiting for final guest numbers as we are from England).

Having emailed Gaby from Dreams, she has given me additional prices for EVERYTHING! I am interested to know- can you take your own napkins, chair bows, favors, table decorations ect? Also, my travel agent said the initial meeting with WC would be the time to settle any additional requirements ie: meals, exact flowers, gazebo decorations. I am worried this is far too soon to the actual day? What is something goes wrong? Ahhh!!!! Please let me know what others have done.

Thanks so much,

Lindsay xx

#2 melglnh2o

melglnh2o
    • 1,016 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 03:07 PM

Hi Lindsay. Welcome to the forum. I can't help you out much with Dreams Cancun but there are a lot of DC brides on here that can. Best of luck to you!

#3 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
      • 2,262 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 03:17 PM

Hiya

I'm in the UK 2 and staying at dreams cancun for 2 weeks!! we've gone for the ultimate package so that we don't have to worry 2 much about everything.

Remember our luggage allowance is shite and so carrying stuff like napkins and centre pieces etc will be a pain.

I've booked and paid my deposit so if there is anything you want to know just ask?

Oh yeah and don't bank on everyone coming that you've asked - we had 37 and only 5 have paid their deposits!!

#4 *JillD*

*JillD*
        • 5,112 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 05:12 PM

Hi Lindsay!

Welcome to the forum!

As far as napkins those aren't extra, unless you are looking for colored napkins. You don't have to do chair bows, but if you wanted to buy your own I don't see that being a problem, but as Harty mentioned don't forget about transporting everything.

When I was married there I spent a lot of time pricing everything out a la carte and comparing to the packages and the package was the way to go, I went with the ultimate package. So the centerpieces were included, cake, mariachi, dinner & cocktail hour up to 20 people, hair & makeup, etc... Depending on how many people you are having this will probably be your best bet.

Let me know if I can answer any questions for you.

#5 dinogomez.com

dinogomez.com
          • 5,705 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 06:15 PM

Welcome to the forum!!!

#6 Autumn

Autumn
            • 1,166 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 12:01 PM

congrats, Lindsay - and welcome!!

#7 lynds

lynds
              • 59 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 02:04 PM

welcome!! there is a ton of info about dreams on here.

#8 stacey

stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 4,853 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 06:24 PM

Welcome to the forum!!
                  Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

#9 tlomlad

tlomlad
                  • Banned
                  • 1,949 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 07:45 PM

welcome you will find all your answers on this forum try not to stress to much its not worth it i get married there in one week 2marrow and have taken a site visit which eased my mind pm if you want with any specifics!

#10 Angel

Angel
                    • 2,635 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 09:24 PM

Welcome to the forum!!! Happy Planning!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users