Photo

Thoughts on these invite mockups?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 IslamoradaBride

IslamoradaBride
  • 459 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 01:40 PM

Hello ladies! My mom has graciously offered to DIY our invites, and we're trying to decide on the color scheme. For the wedding itself, we want to do hot pink, mango and lime. We're using cardstock and pockets from Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

FYI there will be a real invitation at some point-- this is just to get an idea of the colors, materials, fonts etc.

#2 adias.angel

adias.angel
    • 719 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 01:42 PM

I love the pink and orange colors! And it would be so cute if you could find a little accent of lime green to go in there.

#3 IslamoradaBride

IslamoradaBride
      • 459 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 01:57 PM

Thanks! I am trying to figure out the best way to do that-- so I can appease all sides, LOL. (Is it me, or is the wedding planning process all about compromises?)

#4 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
        • 5,681 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 02:10 PM

Very cute :)

#5 MexicoBride09

MexicoBride09
          • 18 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 02:15 PM

Definitely the pink and orange one... the blue is nice but too plain I think.

Very pretty!!

#6 hanna

hanna
            • 223 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 02:27 PM

I like the mango and pink. At first I thought I liked the other ones, but they are a little plain. Maybe if she found a more bright blue/teal to pop. Are you going to carry these colors through your wedding though, cause the mango and pink might be a bit challenging.

#7 caguirre

caguirre
              • 27 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 02:36 PM

I have to go with the second colors. First ones are a bit loud...Second can use a little boast of green...

I can see why the first set of colors is nice, but you can see why a male wouldn't want those..more female oriented.

#8 seaprincess

seaprincess
                • 753 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 02:39 PM

I love them! Especially the mango & pink ones! I am actually reconsidering my colours to mango and pink. I think it is so fresh and tropical! Add a Lime accent and it will pull together your colours perfectly!
                  Lindsay and Jamie - January 28, 2009

#9 IslamoradaBride

IslamoradaBride
                  • 459 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 02:48 PM

Yes, we are carrying the tropical colors through to the wedding. My inspiration is the tropical blooms of that part of Florida, like orchids, bougainvillea, poinciana, hibiscus etc. Also citrus fruit. There is an awesome layout in the latest Martha Stewart Weddings magazine that has a similar palette. Click on the one that says Tropical Punch.

It's funny-- my FI is not opposed to the pink and mango. His art-student self just wants to apply some color theory to our scheme, and add something complementary.

My heart is definitely pulling for the brighter scheme. I know it's not for everyone, but I love color.

I did hear back from my mom-- she likes the fuschia and mango ones too.

#10 Christi

Christi
                    • 1,905 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 03:28 PM

I was a fuschia/orange gal myself and loved it...lime green or a hint of black works well...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users