• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 Jenleopard

Jenleopard
  • 204 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 10:59 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ethrondson
    Those are nice and I likethe idea of the crystals on them. We already have a cake topper that is laser engraved with our names and wedding date and it lights up. We got it off ebay too.
    How cool! A cake topper that lights up.....where did you find that?

#12 Jen5372

Jen5372
    • 228 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 09:59 PM

Where did you get a light up one?

Also-I do like the mongram idea-if Iorder one-how do I "bling it? What do I buy? Do I hotglue?

How did you guys do it??

Im running out of time-just ordered the cake yesterday since my MIL said she would pay! Thank god :)

#13 catandcleo

catandcleo
      • 173 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 02:55 PM

That's awesome - thanks for the link. I have been putting off buying one for a while now because they are SOOO expensive - especially the ones that are already decorated. This is perfect!

#14 WifeToBe

WifeToBe
        • 59 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 03:11 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Jen5372
          Where did you get a light up one?

Also-I do like the mongram idea-if Iorder one-how do I "bling it? What do I buy? Do I hotglue?

How did you guys do it??

Im running out of time-just ordered the cake yesterday since my MIL said she would pay! Thank god :)
          I haven't done mine yet, but I have bought a certain glue specifically for gluing the swarovksi rhinestones and of course the rhinestones themselves.

I used Beads & Jewelry Supplies : Artbeads.com, Swarovski Beads, Glass Beads, Swarovski Crystals, Jewelry Supplies, Charms, Alphabet Beads, Seed Beads, Findings to get my decorating supplies.

#15 Jen5372

Jen5372
          • 228 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 04:57 PM

Thanks for the info. I would have no idea how to doit. I keep finding more ideas and I want more things ( ie cake topper) but our budget is run dry and Im trying to find cheap things and Im so stressed. I havent been stressed too bad until now!!

Ughhhh money buys happiness in my opinion-well at leats it buys what ya want for your wedding when you are a bad DIYer! LOL

#16 WifeToBe

WifeToBe
            • 59 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 10:28 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Jen5372
              Thanks for the info. I would have no idea how to doit. I keep finding more ideas and I want more things ( ie cake topper) but our budget is run dry and Im trying to find cheap things and Im so stressed. I havent been stressed too bad until now!!

Ughhhh money buys happiness in my opinion-well at leats it buys what ya want for your wedding when you are a bad DIYer! LOL
              Well we'll see how mine turns out. Not necessarily going to be good.... haha

I'll post a pic when it's done though.

#17 Kelly C

Kelly C
              • 2,051 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 01:31 AM

To be perfectly honest. I got mine and I blingged it. It looks great. But by the time I spent $4 a bag on crystals it was the same price to by one that was already done. Atleast I can say I made it myself. I used the bedazzled gun.
                Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

#18 Jamminworld

Jamminworld
                • 136 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 02:10 PM

Kelly- I'm afraid my DIY project is going to turn out more expensive then I wanted. I'm thinking of trashing the idea and just using fake flowers to save some money.

#19 WifeToBe

WifeToBe
                  • 59 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 03:35 PM

Well my topper was $8 and then I spent about $20 on the different rhinestones from artbeads.com and only like $3.50 on the glue at Hobby Lobby, so I'm hoping I like it and it will have been much cheaper then buying one done.

Kelly where'd you get your rhinestones and how many bags did you need to do it?

#20 Kelly C

Kelly C
                    • 2,051 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 07:22 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Jamminworld
                      Kelly- I'm afraid my DIY project is going to turn out more expensive then I wanted. I'm thinking of trashing the idea and just using fake flowers to save some money.
                      Might be a good idea if your trying to stay in a budget. I took 4 bags of the medium size and used a few of the tiny ones.

Click the image to open in full size.
                      Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users