Photo

Jack & Jill Shower

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 kr3611

kr3611
  • 127 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 12:37 AM

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post, but has anyone had a coed shower? What was your theme? Did you just invite everyone? My FI and I are from Illinois and not having attendants, but his sis offered to throw us a shower back in IL. I've only ever been to female showers - how are the coed? Anyone done one?

#2 Yari

Yari
    • VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 12:39 AM

I am having one and I have been to them before. Usually it is more of a get together with little to no games.

I did a search on google and it came up with lots of ideas...here is an example:

Jack and Jill Party: Planning, Attending, and Enjoying the Couples Shower - Associated Content

#3 Christi

Christi
      • 1,905 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 12:43 AM

We had a coed shower three weeks before the wedding...the theme was "stock the bar"...we invited everyone that was invited to the wedding (70) and we had 50 people showed up...it was a lot of fun and pretty casual...and now we have enough alcohol to last us the rest of our lives!

#4 Yari

Yari
        • VIP Member
        • 10,928 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 12:45 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Christi
          We had a coed shower three weeks before the wedding...the theme was "stock the bar"...we invited everyone that was invited to the wedding (70) and we had 50 people showed up...it was a lot of fun and pretty casual...and now we have enough alcohol to last us the rest of our lives!
          What a great theme!

#5 Kat81

Kat81
          • VIP Member
          • 7,615 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 12:52 AM

You can decorate however you want. If you get married in mexico you could do mexican theme etc.

#6 Christi

Christi
            • 1,905 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 01:12 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Yari
              What a great theme!
              I have to say it was so much fun...we had a few people stress over what they should bring...what kind of things we like to drink , etc and we just said surprise us...and that they did!...btw - anyone want a bottle of "thunderbird??" I tried boonsfarm way back when (high school), but the stories I heard about drinking thunderbird scared me as much as the stories about drinking tequila with a worm in the bottle, so I'm happy to ship it off for free! :)

#7 LisaG

LisaG
              • VIP Member
              • 7,839 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 09:43 AM

We had a "stock the bar" party as well. It was so much fun! We had it outdoors at our friends house. They had the table set up with brown paper covers, with shells and candles. We had 2 rita machines, some big barrels of ice with drinks and had tons of mexican food. We registered at Create and Barrell for bar stuff, but mainly people just bring a bottle of liquor. Almost 1 year later - we still have a ton of bottles.

#8 azhuskergirl

azhuskergirl
                • 1,131 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 09:55 AM

I guess ours is a co-ed shower. It's tomorrow & it's a luau theme. The girls are coming over in the afternoon & the guys are invited to join at dinner time (truly, we wanted them to cook for us..... ). So I guess from 2 - 5 it's a bridal shower & from 5pm on it's co-ed.

#9 2bebridejamaica

2bebridejamaica
                  • 1,206 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 10:16 AM

We are having a jack and jill but it's a bit different in our neck of the woods that just a shower.

Our jack and Jill will be held at night at a local hall where drinks are super cheap (think Legion/Elks/Eagles) The Groomsmen put this show on. It has raffle tickets for cool prizes and its 5 or 10 to get in the door normally. We will have a DJ and everything too... Honestly I just don't know when it is because they are supposed to be a surprise. All the money raised from the night after paying for a few things goes to the couple to help pay for the wedding/honeymoon.

#10 kr3611

kr3611
                    • 127 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 12:18 AM

Wow..thanks for all of the ideas!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users