stuck in the middle....

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 MelissaH

MelissaH
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:17 AM

...i'm so f'ing conflicted...

my nana and my aunt are throwing me a shower...they had originally planned it for the 17th of february but for whatever reason they changed it without letting anyone know (until after they sent out the invites)

well everyone got their invites to the shower and found out that the shower is on march 4th (which is also the weekend my sister had planned to throw my bachelorette - and my aunt and nana knew that)

well instead of my sister moving the bachelorette to another date so we wouldn't be hung over and gross for the shower she decided that she's throwing the bachelorette the night before the shower so everyone WILL show up hung over and gross just to piss my nana and aunt off...

i really don't want to be feeling like crap at the shower - and i'm not always the nicest person to be around when i'm hungover...

but i also can't wait for my bachelorette - it's going to be a friggin blast (dinner at one of my fave restaurants - with the biggest tequila and margarita selection you've ever seen, salsa lessons at a latin club and then we're heading to another club and then got a few hotel rooms to continue the party after we shut the clubs down :P)

but it's not like i can politely back out of either one of them
    and i know my nana and aunt are gonna be pissed at me if i'm a complete wench at the shower because i'm a) still drunk or B) puking down the side of a sofa

and there's no way i'm not enjoying myself at the bachelorette just to save face at the shower

i dunno what to do

#2 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:22 AM

i say you enjoy yourself at the bachelorette party, and then do what you have to do to get through the shower. it's their fault they didn't talk to you about this - that's just plain ol' inconsiderate, and they have no right to be upset if you're all tired and cranky.

#3 Christine

Christine
      • VIP Member
      • 21,514 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
      • Wedding Location:Napa, California
      • LocationReno, NV

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:34 AM

I agree with Ann, make the best of it. Its really crazy that they changed it, so too bad for them if you are all hungover.
      Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#4 JulieG

JulieG
      • VIP Member
      • 8,323 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 01:37 PM

Is there no way to convince your sister to have the stagette on another night? If not, then I agree, go hung over. A stagette is much much more fun than a shower anyway, so go hung over, its not your fault they planned it that day, knowing when the stagette was, its theirs.

Are you going to clubs in Cambridge?

#5 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 19 February 2007 - 02:29 PM

i think this is an easy one...your nana and aunt knew when you were having your bachelorette party...really, they should have asked you first if the new date was ok...i think you should go have fun at your bachelorette party and if you feel rotten the next day, explain why.

it really is their problem.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#6 destinationbride07

destinationbride07
        • 631 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 04:29 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by akh
          i say you enjoy yourself at the bachelorette party, and then do what you have to do to get through the shower. it's their fault they didn't talk to you about this - that's just plain ol' inconsiderate, and they have no right to be upset if you're all tired and cranky.
          ditto...well said....

#7 MelissaH

MelissaH
          • 1,724 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 04:47 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Julesr
            Is there no way to convince your sister to have the stagette on another night? If not, then I agree, go hung over. A stagette is much much more fun than a shower anyway, so go hung over, its not your fault they planned it that day, knowing when the stagette was, its theirs.

Are you going to clubs in Cambridge?
            lol clubs in cambridge? no such thing :P our very last club shut down last month

we're going to toronto

and no way to convince my sister - we both work shift work and that's the last weekend before the wedding that we're both off

thanks girls - i know it was crappy on my nana and aunt's part to not check with us first but that's the way they are, so i guess i'll just suffer through hehe and try not too feel too bad about it :)

#8 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 19 February 2007 - 05:07 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by mexicomelissa
            lol clubs in cambridge? no such thing :P our very last club shut down last month

we're going to toronto

and no way to convince my sister - we both work shift work and that's the last weekend before the wedding that we're both off

thanks girls - i know it was crappy on my nana and aunt's part to not check with us first but that's the way they are, so i guess i'll just suffer through hehe and try not too feel too bad about it :)
            just stay away from sugary cocktails...stick to beer or hard liquor or wine but try not to mix too much...also maybe wine isnt a great idea cuz they give me a heck of a hang over...and drink lots of water before bed, take and advil, and pray you are ok the next morning.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#9 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
            • 5,248 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 05:28 PM

Take one for the team! That's all I can say.

#10 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
              • VIP Member
              • 4,116 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 05:36 PM

Poor girl! That sucks about the whole scheduling drama. I totally agree w/ the other girls - have fun at your bachelorette party and just do what you have to, to get through the next day.

Also, ditto to what Tammy said. I would totally stick to beer and/or liquor only if I were you. Wine can give me a pretty burly hangover, same w/ champagne and other sweet drinks. I try to stick w/ clear liqours personally,like a vodka mixed w/ tonic - for some reason that seems to work better for me. If you're trying to be really good you can try to drink a glass of water for every alcoholic drink you have, to cut down on the dehydration...not sure what that will do to your "bachelorette buzz" though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users