Photo

FI did something wedding related!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 JennyK

JennyK
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 07:00 PM

I'm so excited hehehe I never thought he'd do something on his own without me even telling him to do it.

He went on his lunch break to a CHURCH! He was raised Catholic but doesn't like to follow religion. I've been talking to him about getting married through a church before going to our DW. Well, he went on his own to talk to the priest and find out about pre-cana. He said it's been a while since he talked to a priest and he feels that people that go to church stay married longer lol I actually thought that was really sweet.. as if he's willing to do anything for us to be together forever. He even suggested we start going to mass on Sundays.. wow. I wonder if he had some kind of epiphany in his sleep or something! lol but anyways he got me all the info I needed to get our wedding done at this church!

#2 ashrose

ashrose
    • 422 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 07:07 PM

Wow. That's awesome... on so many levels. :)

Way to go Jenny's FI for doing that!

#3 MarieSam

MarieSam
      • VIP Member
      • 2,336 posts
        • LocationSouthern California

Posted 10 July 2008 - 07:09 PM

That is wonderful!! Personally I think spirituality in a marriage can definitely help make things stronger =)

#4 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
        • 1,830 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 07:12 PM

aww how sweet!!

#5 JennyK

JennyK
          • 3,502 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 07:22 PM

yea he's gonna get a big kiss when he gets home for doing something for the wedding lol

#6 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
            • VIP Member
            • 4,791 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 09:24 PM

Aw, that is really cool! My FI today took a step and found a marriage counselor for us to go to (which I've really been wanting to do). YAY for FI's doing good things!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
              "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#7 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 9,504 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:49 PM

That's great Jenny! I think (at least with Mike) that the boys are so overwhelmed and scared they will do something wrong that they stay away from all things wedding. Good for him for stepping up to the plate.

It will mean more to him in the future and to you as a couple that he took ownership and made the first move.

#8 Yari

Yari
                • VIP Member
                • 10,928 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:57 PM

That is so cute!

#9 Kat81

Kat81
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,615 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 12:47 AM

YAY! I love it when they do little things every so often to surprise us.

#10 Infinity22

Infinity22
                    • 1,520 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 01:18 PM

I find it funny that this board is filled with women that are shocked when their FI does something to help with the wedding when I practically did all the planning for mine. It's just weird to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users