Photo

REgistry- Wedding and Bridal shower

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 msasfraz

msasfraz
  • 392 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 03:51 PM

Has anyone register at Lowe's/ Home Depo/ Walmart for Home improvement gift cards? Does that sound tacky to request gift cards? We were thinking adding that to our insert labeled "Venue Directions & Gift REgistry". I will have the list for Dillards, Macy's, Bed Bath & Beyond, Sears, JcPenney but i also wanted to put a section labeled "Home improvement gift cards"...

As far as Bridal shower registry... Vicky and Fredericks.. but did you put your sizes on the insert for the invitation or asked for gift cards there as well....
    Trying to avoid being tacky or the makings of early bridezilla...

#2 flygirl

flygirl
    • 263 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 05:23 PM

We didn't technically "register" for gift cards. On our wedding website, I put where we are actually registered. And then I wrote "But, if you'd rather go the gift card route, we would especially appreciate them from Lowe's as we are currently remodeling our house"

#3 KLC77

KLC77
      • 2,207 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:08 PM

I just registered at Lowes for a few things that we need from there. Hoping that people will buy gift cards too. On the Bed Bath and Beyond registry you can register for gift cards, but doesn't look like Lowes has that option.
        ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#4 Yari

Yari
        • VIP Member
        • 10,928 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 12:44 AM

I sort of think it is tacky to just ask for gift cards, but then I think it is fine to ask for gift cards if you register for other stuff. I know I am confusing.

#5 hambone

hambone
          • 1 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 12:06 PM

we've had a terrific reposnse with our cash fund at MyRegistry.com - we have a house improvement fund there, after we decided we really didn't want to start posting wedding registries all over the place. And it doesn't feel quite as tacky as asking for gift cards.

#6 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
            • Banned
            • 1,051 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 12:09 PM

I would call it your "remodeling fund" or something. There's nothing wrong with asking for gift cards. We decided to do a honeymoon registry on our website. It's called our "honeymoon fund" We aren't actually having a set "honeymoon" in Mexico, but are using the $ to do fun things in the area (swim with dolphins, snorkeling tours ect) It's your day, do what you want!!!!!!

#7 msasfraz

msasfraz
              • 392 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 09:17 AM

sounds great ladies...thanks...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users