Sign in to follow this  
kristendotcom

I'm going to New Jersey for a wedding this weekend!

We have a flight tonight to Philly and we are attending a wedding in LBI (Long Beach Island) on Saturday. It's an afternoon wedding held at some lighthouse and then the reception is at a restaurant called The Stateroom.

Do any Jersey girls have any suggestions of things to do in the LBI area?? Any suggestions are appreciated, we will be there until next Wednesday.

my family rents a house in LBI every summer.. I'm actually going for a week to stay with them in August.. in all honesty, when I'm there, we just do beach during the day & cook dinner @ home & drink wine.. it's a small beach island, but there's stuff to do:

- Surf City Day Spa & Salon on the Boulevard around 22nd Ave

- mini golfing - there's a lot of courses on the boulevard

- rental stores along the Boulevard where you can rent dung buggies, bikes, two- and three-seater bikes, mopeds are more.

- chicken or the egg - 24-hour breakfast joint down in Beach Haven

- ritas for the italian ices

- restaurant / bar @ daddy o hotel is nice & chic for dinner or drinks

- pizza @ the california grill & pizza

- fresh morning donuts @ the marlin (i think it's there)

- many mom & pop ice scream shops around!

- bay village for the local shops!

- fantasy island for family entertainment

Hope this helps a little.. it's a small beach town, so there's nothing too exciting! lol.. but it's a nice weekend getaway!

I've never been to LBI, I go to Brigantine, AC (Atlantic City) and Sea Isle mostly. I'm not sure how far AC is from there, not too far, but theres always stuff to do there.

My advice as a proud New York resident.......get thee out of Dirty Jers as soon as possiblerockon.gif

There is lots to do in LBI. I am sure you will have no problem finding all sorts of fun stuff.