Photo

Grumpy about my discountmugs.com mugs!

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 kevsgirl

kevsgirl
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 09:56 AM

Phew! I'm so glad they were so great about fixing their mistake (and it was a dumb one!)
    Looks like it has all gotten sorted out in record time. At least they have great customer service even if they can't read/see. LOL

#32 Yari

Yari
    • VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 03:43 PM

That's great news!

#33 Jaime

Jaime
      • 34 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 08:26 PM

How many mugs do you have with the black writing? I have been looking for mugs for our guests. Let me know how many and how much you want for them.

Jaime

#34 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
        • 4,881 posts
        • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
        • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
        • LocationNew York

Posted 14 July 2008 - 09:03 AM

Hi Ladies:

FI isn't sure if he wants to sell them or keep them as favors for the AHR. I'll let you know as soon as I can, but who knows when that will be!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#35 foxytv

foxytv
        • VIP Member
        • 7,740 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 04:52 PM

This happened to me as well.

They did correct the problem, so I have a ga-zillion extra mugs now ... but I will tell you that there was still a problem with the second set that I received (which were done correctly).

We didn't know it until we were at our DW ... but they must not have put a sealant on the re-do's b/c all the writing washed right off in the water. No idea if it was the chlorine or what ... but the first set of mugs stayed fine (we ended up using both b/c the first batch had handles and the second batch did not) ... but when we got the mugs redone (at no charge) .. they must have skipped a step b/c everyone's mugs that we re used at the pool bar had all the writing wash right off.

All in all, while discountmugs.com prices were great ... I was very UNDER-impressed with the customer service and quality overall.

PS -- we used the extras as favors for the AHR but still have 2 boxes leftover.

#36 kelcrooks

kelcrooks
          • 88 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 10:47 PM

Glad they were able to fix everything quickly!

The mugs do look really cute! If you do sell them, let us know. I'm a RM bride as well!

#37 nicholch

nicholch
            • 37 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 11:34 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by foxytv
              This happened to me as well.

They did correct the problem, so I have a ga-zillion extra mugs now ... but I will tell you that there was still a problem with the second set that I received (which were done correctly).

We didn't know it until we were at our DW ... but they must not have put a sealant on the re-do's b/c all the writing washed right off in the water. No idea if it was the chlorine or what ... but the first set of mugs stayed fine (we ended up using both b/c the first batch had handles and the second batch did not) ... but when we got the mugs redone (at no charge) .. they must have skipped a step b/c everyone's mugs that we re used at the pool bar had all the writing wash right off.

All in all, while discountmugs.com prices were great ... I was very UNDER-impressed with the customer service and quality overall.

PS -- we used the extras as favors for the AHR but still have 2 boxes leftover.

I am also not impressed with discount mugs. I ordered ours with a palm tree/beach clip art and when they arrived the other day the sun was not perfectly round. At a cost of $300 + $120 (duty & import fees) I was not impressed. They wanted to send me another batch, but what am I going to do with 40 extra mugs that say mike & christie, cuba 08 on them?

After several emails, b/c that is the only way they communicate, they gave me a $75 refund. Better than nothing I guess, but I definelty wouldn't order from them again. Also, the plastic on the lid and handle feels cheap..

#38 hanna

hanna
              • 223 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:12 PM

Wow, sorry to hear all of the troubles with that vendor.. but as I am in search for mugs right now, good info for me to know. Thanks all for posting your feedback

#39 endlesslove

endlesslove
                • 362 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 06:05 PM

If youre interested in selling any of these, I would be interested in about 30 of them. How much would you want to sell them for?

#40 pyxystyx

pyxystyx
                  • 42 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 06:52 PM

I am VERY glad that they are replacing yours, but I too had a bad encounter with them.
                    I am in charge of a formal event once a year, and I had ordered some glasses through them as favors for the guests. The writing was supposed to be clear, like an etched glass look,... CLEAR, i tell you, not even with a color!!! They ended up coming to me, the night before my event, in baby blue. My colors were red and black, with an asian-inspired theme!!!
                    I was pretty livid with them. And no matter how many calls or e-mails i sent, i never got replacements OR a refund. I will never use them again, that's for sure.

So, glad they are correcting their mistake this time!!!
                    The Future Mrs. Castro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users