Photo

About to kill my BF

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:16 PM

Okay so just venting here....my bestfriend is getting married in 4 weeks; she just recently asked me to be in her wedding and I relunctantly agreed (financial reasons only)...but I figured since I have to fly to attend her wedding and stay at a hotel, might as well be in her wedding; after all we've been friends since 5th grade. She didnt ask me sooner bc she thought I would be too overwhelmed with planning my own wedding and all but then she realized that she couldn't look at her wedding pictures and not see me in them (ok, that was sweet and so I agreed to be a BM)....but now as the wedding gets closer, no one else from the bridal party (like a MOH) has contacted me in regards to accomodations (as she previously had stated, no one has contacted anyone period)...she didnt sent out any info on nearby hotels that she'd recommend in that area and the one she's getting married at is over $250 per night which is not feasible for me right now. I'm online searching for a place to stay with my daughter and no flights from NJ go to the airport thats near her resort. the closestairport is an hour away, not too far but now I have to rent a car as well and take a small road trip with my daughter (who is the flower girl by the way)...boy oh boy, what did i get myself into! I havent even rcvd an invitation (she bought them late and is trying to get them out!).

Okay...I vented!!

#2 Yari

Yari
    • VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:19 PM

Oh no Jessica. Well it sucks that no one has contacted you about the hotel. Just remember not everyone is organized. It is hard to put up with, especially since we are currently planning our own weddings and would never do that.

I am sure you will have a blast at the wedding.

#3 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
      • 1,830 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:21 PM

thx Yari...she's never been organized and is a major procastinator but I really thought she would be different for her own wedding! Guess not.

#4 Yari

Yari
        • VIP Member
        • 10,928 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:24 PM

Once unorganized and a procrastinator always one.

LOL!

#5 Kelly C

Kelly C
          • 2,051 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:32 PM

OMG! Hasn't sent out invites and the wedding is in 4 weeks. eeeks. sorry to hear about this. hang in there.
            Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

#6 Yvette

Yvette
            • 510 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:35 PM

that's nuts! i will keep my fingers crossed that everything works out just fine!

#7 1elephant

1elephant
              • VIP Member
              • 15,998 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:46 PM

well if you were going, you'd have to get a hotel room, rent a car, and fly there anyway....sooooooooooooooo, you were already in this w/o being a bridesmaid!
                breathe - remember she's always been like this, so it's nothing new, and you're learning what else you shouldn't do for your own wedding.
                where is the wedding, btw?

#8 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
                • 1,830 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:55 PM

the wedding is in Naples, Fl...I thought I could fly there direct and skip renting a car (at the very least) but there are no flights to that airport on the day I'm leaving...so I'll be flying to Fort Myers...Now I found a hotel thats only 35 mins away from her resort. So its looking a little better.

#9 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
                  • 1,830 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:56 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by lauren c.
                    well if you were going, you'd have to get a hotel room, rent a car, and fly there anyway....sooooooooooooooo, you were already in this w/o being a bridesmaid!
                    breathe - remember she's always been like this, so it's nothing new, and you're learning what else you shouldn't do for your own wedding.
                    where is the wedding, btw?
                    yup, I definitely wouldn't leave my guests guessing where they should stay esp not any of my BMs. oh well.

#10 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
                    • 2,183 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:53 PM

Be patient, I have a couple of friends like these and they can drive me crazy sometimes. Take a deep breath and good luck with everything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users