Photo

Cabo Beach Warnings

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 06:58 PM

I have traveled to Cabo before and I had a very bad experience while snorkleing due to the strong undertows and no one warned me prior to the trip, not even the vendors. I'm super nervous about getting into the water in Cabo now and almost all of my guests have never traveled to Cabo and are unfamilar with the strong undertows so I would like to post on my wedding website about this. How would I write this out or do you have any other suggestions on informing guests about the dangerous beach areas?

#2 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
    • Banned
    • 1,051 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 07:12 PM

Well, you don't want to scare them so maybe you could word it something like this: Please be aware of your surroundings, and sudden strong under-toes. Don't drink and swim, and don't swim alone. Maybe you could kind of make it into a "cute warning" if that makes sense??

#3 sassybride

sassybride
      • Banned
      • 294 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:37 PM

I woudl just tell them. There is a strong under tow in cabo and it is not recommended to swim!
        Staying at...RIU PALACE LOS CABOS

(Reception at the Westin Los Cabos)55 Guests attending

#4 sassybride

sassybride
        • Banned
        • 294 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:37 PM

I woudl just tell them. There is a strong under tow in cabo and it is not recommended to swim!
          Staying at...RIU PALACE LOS CABOS

(Reception at the Westin Los Cabos)55 Guests attending

#5 jmill130

jmill130
          • 601 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:57 PM

You can talk about Dreams... you can't swim in the ocean there... that leads into it! Hope this helps!

#6 kerryjbrown

kerryjbrown
            • 672 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:32 AM

It would depend on where your wedding is. You may want to recommend the beach clubs and beaches like Santa Maria that are swimming friendly. The beaches that have poor undertoes (like at the Hacienda and the pacific side) have signs and flags usually to warn guests.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users