when we were going to do the legal thing in pv, we were told 48 hrs, but had to be there on a wednesday b/c that's when the dr. was there, and when we could watch the video on getting married (?? i know!!!). so if were were getting married on a sat., we'd have to be there 4 days in advance. it was just easier to do the legal thing at home quietly. from this, i understood that each resort does it differently...which makes me think that each resort charges a different amount for the legal stuff as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorlack76 View Post
Does anyone know what the fees are for all the legal paperwork, blood tests, transcriptions, etc. Just looking for a round about figure if anyone knows.
Ok well as far as I know you pay:-

$50 plus tax per doc to be translated, ie birth certificates, change of name, divorce papers

$300 plus tax blood tests

$181 inc tax for legalisation of certificate

Holy crap!!!! Wow...they really charge a lot. Im guessing it is 300 bucks per couple for blood tests. Thats insane, but I guess worth it if youre marrying the person you love. They sure are making a buck or two. No wonder every other ecomony in the world is doing awesome and ours is on the down slope!!!

our wedding coordinator advised us that we should be there 4 days in advance....

The idea of a courthouse ceremony before we leave is nice, but i want our legal day to be valentine's day. That's so corny I just rolled my eyes at myself....

For me the legal part only cost the 150$ (for both of us) for the blood test (the charge has since increased to 175$ I think). Dreams Tulum doesn't charge you any different for the the legal or symbolic ceremony (i.e. for the judge and paperwork). So for me it was definitely worth doing the legal thing down there. Some other resorts charge exorbitant amounts though just for the judge and marriage certificate.

My FI and I went to the Statehouse today and got our documents completed. We just had to do our birth certificate. That cost us 10 dollars. We also had to make color copies of our passports which was about 2 dollars. The bloodtest we were told was 150 dollars for the both of us. I think you are also suppose to tip the judge 50 dollars. So far not so bad. We booked our wedding today so our offical date will be May 27 2009 at Dream Tulum. Awww finally feels good to have a date!