Jump to content

Photo

History Of BDW Forum


  • Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 TammyWright

TammyWright

    Admin & Owner

  • Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHPT
sarah- you were on the original forum werent you?
tammy- who all was on the original forum? i remember me, you and janetta- any other original members left?
you, tara, jeannetta, and about 2 other gals...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

 
Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
 
Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.


#22 becks

becks

    VIP

  • VIP Member
  • 4,881 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
  • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
  • LocationNew York

Posted 10 July 2008 - 08:37 AM

Its so true. This forum has been a lifesaver for so many brides (and grooms!).

Early on in my BDW existence I made mention of the fact that I viewed it a little bit like group therapy. I still think of it that way quite often, but now it's group therapy with all my girlfriends. It's just amazing. I seriously don't know how I would have gotten this far without each and every one of you!

Ahh... lovefest!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more


#23 TammyB

TammyB
  • Sr. Member
  • 10,630 posts

    Posted 10 July 2008 - 08:52 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NHPT
    sarah- you were on the original forum werent you?
    tammy- who all was on the original forum? i remember me, you and janetta- any other original members left?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sarah
    Yes, I was on the original forum. I think you listed all of us that are left. Wait- no April still pops in every now and then, and oh yeah- TammyB too... I think she joined like a week after me.
    Yeap I was on the original forum as well. It was much smaller and was a great help then, and even more so now. I remember Tammy's photos is what made me fall in love with Juan's work. It was so much fun seeing all the original member slowly get married and now their all having babies (or had them already)

    #24 Leia78

    Leia78
    • VIP Member
    • 2,459 posts

      Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:43 AM

      Not sure if this counts, but I was a lurker on the forum way back in 2006. i was too chicken to join...don't ask me why....I'm a dork. I wrote down all the details/ideas I wanted to use. I even bookmarked Jenneta's and Tammy's wedding pics. Then I FINALLY got engaged in 2007. It still took me awhile to join! Anyways, I pretty much had my wedding all planned out before I got engaged. Thanks to the forum of course.

      #25 Infinity22

      Infinity22
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,520 posts

        Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:02 PM

        I have a few questions of my own regarding the boards history. Tammy (or any other moderator), can you tell me what software the forum started out using and what purchases have you made since then? Also, does anyone know many men we have within this community?

        I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank Tammy Wright for creating this great community! It's a lot different from the other forum boards I've been involved with. Maybe one of the reasons for that is that it's full of sweet understand women who don't jump on you the first chance they get like a lot of men would!
        Its so true. This forum has been a lifesaver for so many brides (and grooms!).
        Again, I can totally vouch for this!

        #26 rodent

        rodent

          VIP Member

        • VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

          Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:23 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Infinity22
          I have a few questions of my own regarding the boards history. Tammy (or any other moderator), can you tell me what software the forum started out using and what purchases have you made since then? Also, does anyone know many men we have within this community?

          I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank Tammy Wright for creating this great community! It's a lot different from the other forum boards I've been involved with. Maybe one of the reasons for that is that it's full of sweet understand women who don't jump on you the first chance they get like a lot of men would! This stress free and inviting environment saved me a ton of time with resort referrals, photographer referrals, and personal member testimonies. I really don't know what I would have done without it!

          All I can say is that I was very lucky that someone on the PriceScope Forum referred me where when I was gathering information on jeweler vendors for my wife's wedding ring.


          Again, I can totally vouch for this!
          vBulletin.org Forum - The Official vBulletin Resource!

          I think this is what the forum is run with.

          We've had atleast 2 active grooms. Then several male photographers. Definitly more women than men, but men are welcome. Also, several grooms have joined & posted a few times.

          #27 Infinity22

          Infinity22
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,520 posts

            Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:27 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Morgan
            vBulletin.org Forum - The Official vBulletin Resource!

            I think this is what the forum is run with.

            We've had atleast 2 active grooms. Then several male photographers. Definitly more women than men, but men are welcome. Also, several grooms have joined & posted a few times.
            So you're telling me I'm 2 or 3 men who actively post on here?

            #28 rodent

            rodent

              VIP Member

            • VIP Member
            • 18,759 posts

              Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:33 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Infinity22
              So you're telling me I'm 2 or 3 men who actively post on here?
              1. jason, groom extraordinaire
              2. brigopens- I don't think he is around anymore now that the wedding has passed

              anymore? i'm sure I'm forgetting someone.

              there have been some grooms that were active briefly. Maybe there are more, but i just don't know if they are brides or grooms.

              And then there are the photographers.

              #29 Jacqueline

              Jacqueline
              • VIP Member
              • 3,160 posts

                Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:34 PM

                This is all pretty neat!!

                #30 sassybride

                sassybride
                • Banned
                • 294 posts

                  Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:36 PM

                  I really like this thread - so cool to find all this out
                  Staying at...RIU PALACE LOS CABOS
                  22.10.2008

                  (Reception at the Westin Los Cabos)55 Guests attending




                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users