Photo

UGG!! I want Bride'sMen...

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 ashrose

ashrose
  • 422 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 05:20 PM

So I'm slightly frustrated. I know that in choosing a DW, that some of my friends wont be able to come. I am having a hard time because all of the girls I wanted to ask to be in my bridal party will likely... be among those who can't come.

My sister and I are fighting right now and I think she thinks it is ridiculous to spend that much.

My roomate works for a church and doesn't want to spend the money.

My best friend, who I wanted to be my MOH, has 3 little kids and husband... I'm not in to their finances... but from her reaction to me telling her we decided on DW "have fun with that" leads me to think that... well... she isn't going to be able to do it. I'd really like her kids in my wedding too.

I'm running out of lady friends! I have spent a few painstaking years trying to become friends with ladies. It doesnt come easy for me ... but guy friends... man, guys are so much easier to talk to... and I've got 3 guys that consider me a sister to them.

My other option at this point... my FI has 3 sister... but the relationship between me and them is... well... rocky at best. I almost would rather stand up there alone than with people that I know don't love me and want to support us in making the step.

How tacky would it be to have 3 bride's men and 3 groom's girls? I mean... Weird, yes... but tacky?

#2 Yari

Yari
    • VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 05:23 PM

I don't think it would be tacky at all! I have one groomsmaid, but he is standing with the other groomsmen.

#3 ashrose

ashrose
      • 422 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 05:25 PM

Would it look weird having my guy friends stand on my side and his sisters on his side?

Hmm...

#4 Yari

Yari
        • VIP Member
        • 10,928 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 05:29 PM

I don't think so at all.

#5 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
          • 2,262 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 05:32 PM

Nope I think do it - girls can be way too catty and I've had exactly the same reaction. So i've said stuff you I'm doing what I want if you don't like it don't come but keep your opinions to yourself lol

Its worked so far

#6 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
            • 4,881 posts
            • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
            • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
            • LocationNew York

Posted 09 July 2008 - 05:34 PM

so have bride's men! Its your wedding - do what you want. Tradition goes out the window the minute you have to present your passport.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#7 ashrose

ashrose
            • 422 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 05:53 PM

*sigh*

I want to have ladies... but I've never had the girlie girl type of relationship with people. Its mostly mother hen or business type relationships...

I used to have a few super close girl friends -- we were in leadership for a student business organization... but those relationships went out the window when it was best for the business.

I don't know if I'd trust the boys to throw me a bridal shower or a bachlorette party. I mean... we would probably end up drinking bad coffee and playing Settlers... when I would much rather go waltzing or on a sailboat.

I guess I'm super traditional in mindset -- that's why I'm having a hard time with this. Sam and I "courted" instead of dated... I am a high powered career woman now who wants to get her PhD... but I eventually want to be a stay at home homeschool mom. I've always wanted a cross between leave it to beaver and little house on the prarie with the fashion sense of Stacey and Clinton.

I guess, for once, I'd like something that resembled a normal rite of passage. My mom died when I was young, so I wont have a mom there... and my dad and I are trying to reconcile our relationship -- he was abusive to me but thinks I'm making it all up... so I've thrown around the idea of not having him walk me down the aisle (i want to be given in marriage) but the whole situation makes me sour.

I guess I just need someone to say "its ok. it will be ok, whatever you decide."

#8 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
              • 2,262 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 05:56 PM

Consider it done "its ok, it will be ok, whatever you decide"

Honestly it will work out but you have to do what you are happy with and not what you think you should do

#9 ashrose

ashrose
                • 422 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 05:58 PM

Ok. I have a great idea.

Anyone want practice being in a wedding?

Now hiring bridesmaids! Come to Seattle, come to Cancun.

#10 stacey

stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 4,853 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 05:59 PM

I think it is perfectly OK to have grooms men. Can you imagine how much drama you would escape. It almost makes me want to fire my bridemaids and as my guy freinds to be Brides Men. I like that word..Brides Men.
                    Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users