My Site Visit

Hello Ladies….

As promised….

My site visit review…

1.Casa U Betcha: This is a private villa located in the Missiones resort about 12 miles between Cabo and San Jose. This place is absolutely adorable with a terrace that has amazing views of the arch. The casa has huge sliding glass doors that open up completely creating a lot of room. The casa has four bedrooms and a lot of bathrooms (I think four?), a gourmet kitchen, a pool, a spa (with an amazing view of the arch), and a huge patio equipped with an outdoor grill. There is a private beach below also. This is an excellent place for a welcome dinner or a small wedding (less than 50 people). The location fee and the per night fees are very reasonable and the owners are very easy to work with. If you need picture or contact info let me know.

2.Marbella Suite En La Playa: Really cute hotel with a BEAUTIFUL, VERY secluded beach. The property is a little older and has a bazillion stairs, however. If you did choose this property you would have to rent everything as they do not have proper tables, chairs or glassware. Also, if you want a dance area that will have to rented as well (the area that they have for dancing is cobblestone). This is a good location if you want a small hotel that all of your friends will be staying at. If not they charge a $1,500 - $1,800 LOCATION FEE (that include nothing but the location) which is absolutely absurd when you compare this property to others in the area!

3.Cabo Surf: I LOVE, LOVE this place….that is all I have to say…LOVE IT!!!

4.Sheraton: Breathtaking architecture. This place exudes class!! There are two areas that you can have you ceremony/reception at. One is at a beautiful palapa and the other is in a private restaurant/terrace area. Both are amazing. The spa is top-notch for the area…love it! The location fee without a room block is like $2,000 for a weekend (no location fee for a weekday). But, I was told that they would bring it down to $1,000 and include chairs. I think it is totally worth it!

5.Hotel Finisterra: Wow….great views of Cabo and the marina. This hotel is on a cliff and has a beach on the pacific side (no swimming). The beach is very beautiful but seemed VERY windy. There are two really neat areas to have the reception. The first is a palapa (with windows) that ahs a 360 degree view (most of which is the ocean. The second is a private terrace at the top of the hotel with breathtaking views. This is a great hotel! The only hang-up is that you have to use the hotel WC ($750), pay a location fee ($1,000), have 75% of you wedding stay at the hotel and use ALL of their vendors (exception the photog).

6.FA Whale Terrace: Really beautiful… but not very private. You actually get two terraces that are right on the beach. It makes for great atmosphere. The location fee (w/o a room block) is very reasonable ($750). BUT food and bev costs are pretty high!

I feel like Iâ€m forgetting some places…..Iâ€ll write more when I remember. I have pictures/pricing for most of the places above. Let me know if you have any questions!!!

~Amber

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amber, thanks for the review! Like everyone else wants to know, have you decided on a place??

Also, I'm glad to hear that you liked the Finisterra, especially since I am considering having my wedding there. Do you know how strict they are about having 75% of your guests stay there? I think a lot of my guests will try to find other, cheaper places to stay. Will the hotel charge you extra or make you pay for rooms for 75% of your guests, even if less than 75% of your guests stay there?

Ha!

Wouldn't you all like to know… LOL!!!

It looks like Cabo Surf. I'm waiting to hear back from Armando to see if the site is available on the day we chose (Oct 28th). And if it is, it is a done deal. We are having a small wedding (between 40 and 50 people) and privacy was a big issue with me. Cabo Surf just had the feeling I was looking for. I really loved some of the big resorts (most of which took my breath away!) but Cabo Surf just felt right.

I know it sounds weird…but it was the one and I just felt it!

~Amber

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisinblur View Post
Amber, thanks for the review! Like everyone else wants to know, have you decided on a place??

Also, I'm glad to hear that you liked the Finisterra, especially since I am considering having my wedding there. Do you know how strict they are about having 75% of your guests stay there? I think a lot of my guests will try to find other, cheaper places to stay. Will the hotel charge you extra or make you pay for rooms for 75% of your guests, even if less than 75% of your guests stay there?
Good choice! I really liked this hotel! Iâ€m not sure about how strict the 75% policy is. I think you should try to work something out with them. Especially if you are planning a big wedding. One thing that is good about the hotel is that it is located right near the marina by all of the shopping, eating and night life in Cabo. So, maybe your guests will be more likely to stay there?

Since they already charge a location fee in addition to the 75% policy, they may be more flexible. One of the birds on here had a recent wedding (I forget who). You should ask her.

~Amber