• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#11 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:27 PM

I think the brown dress looks special whereas the pink one is just an everyday dress. Is your sister your MOH? If so, have your BMs order that brown dress and then when your sister can get to DB, have her select whatever she's comfortable with in that color. If she choses the same one, great, if not, no big deal since the MOH dress is often different. Just an idea.

#12 bridget917

bridget917
    • 140 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:29 PM

I really love that brown dress! I'm rather "hippy" myself, and that's totally a style of dress I'd go for!

#13 teacherbride

teacherbride
      • 354 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:32 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by froggie1013
        I think the brown dress looks special whereas the pink one is just an everyday dress. Is your sister your MOH? If so, have your BMs order that brown dress and then when your sister can get to DB, have her select whatever she's comfortable with in that color. If she choses the same one, great, if not, no big deal since the MOH dress is often different. Just an idea.
        She is my MOH, why didn't I think of that!!!!! Even if I ordered the same dress as the other girls and hope for the best, she could always exchange it for something else if she's STILL not happy.

#14 Ericka7885

Ericka7885
        • 63 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:40 PM

I definitely would go with the brown one from David's Bridal. It is very cute and would be more flattering on your girls.

#15 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 5,752 posts
          • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:56 PM

i like the brown dress so much better. i was in a wedding last year where the chunky MOH wore that dress and she looked very decent in it. if push comes to shove and your other girls like it, just tell your sister to suck it up. its not her wedding - she doesnt HAVE to like the dress. let me see if i can find a pic of that wedding i was in...

ok i blurred out everyones faces but mine...
          Click the image to open in full size.

#16 Celina

Celina
          • Banned
          • 2,811 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:59 PM

I'm late on this one - but I am down with the brown!!
            "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#17 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
            • VIP Member
            • 3,160 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 04:02 PM

If you were to keep the ones you bought maybe you can be creative and get a sash or something to give it a diff look. Have their dresses been altered yet? The dresses on all the girls look nice I think, but I do LOVEE the brown one- a lot! It's very flattering. I'd even wear it to a wedding as a guest I think, lol. BTW- I love your gown too!!

#18 teacherbride

teacherbride
              • 354 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 04:59 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Maura
                i like the brown dress so much better. i was in a wedding last year where the chunky MOH wore that dress and she looked very decent in it. if push comes to shove and your other girls like it, just tell your sister to suck it up. its not her wedding - she doesnt HAVE to like the dress. let me see if i can find a pic of that wedding i was in...

ok i blurred out everyones faces but mine...

Thanks so much for the photos! It's great to see the dresses on actual people. They all look beautiful. Are the other dresses in the photo from Davids Bridal as well??

This is all confirming what I thought, I should change the dresses. My FI is going to be excited about all the new brown options

#19 Jen_S

Jen_S
                • 3,737 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:27 PM

I agree I like the brown one better, but I would make sure your sister likes the dress on her. Good Luck!
                  Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#20 Jen5372

Jen5372
                  • 228 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:32 PM

I like the brown one-however the girl in the pic is super skinny-I wonder how it woud look on someone a bit heavier-NOT that your sister is heavy...just saying if theres someone else who would be self conscious!! Brown is great for winter!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users