Hospital Where I am to Deliver- 17 Babies Given OD of Heparin!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Martha

• VIP Member
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by TA Maureen
    Martha, that is really scary news. I remember hearing about this on the news when it happened at another hospital. I agree with what everyone else has said and that I'm sure the staff is being much more careful now. Noah will be perfectly healthy!

Unfortunately I think bad stuff happens at every hospital. The hospital where I am going to deliver had 2 mothers die within 2 weeks of each other from complications following c-sections. The strange thing was that they worked together and were friends and both delivered healthy baby girls but died in the days following the delivery. That's why I tried going to a different doctor that delivered at a different hospital but as many of you may remember that doctor's bedside manner was horrible following my miscarriage so I went back to my doc that delivers at the hospital where this happened.

Oh no, Mo. You are right, stuff does happen at every hospital, but I think it doesn't really hit home until it's going to happen where you are supposed to deliver. I am sure you know that!
    Originally Posted by Sandra E.
    This is very disturbing to read! I really hope those babies are ok.

Apparently another baby died today.

#22 Martha

• VIP Member
    • 3,906 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 10:25 AM

This was on Nancy Grace last night. The babies that died were twins that were born a month early. The hospital is saying they died from other complications and from being born premature. A month early for twins is not THAT early.

The parents are only 17 and 18, I believe. I feel so bad for their entire family!

#23 Jenn3878

• 5,681 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 11:34 AM

OMG this is so sad!!

#24 amym567

• 403 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 11:55 AM

I saw some of this on Nancy Grace! I thought it was a dream after reading the post yesterday, but it must have been in the middle of the night when I was feeding Austin! So hard to remember what goes on in the middle of the night when I get up so much!
          I'm sure with all of this exposure, things will be fine there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users