Jump to content

Photo

USVI All Inclusive Resorts


  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 akittrell

akittrell
  • Newbie
  • 60 posts

    Posted 09 July 2008 - 12:09 AM

    I think we are leaning more towards the USVI for our weddingmoon, but I'm having a hard time finding many all inclusive resorts. So far, I've found Bolongo Bay and Windham Bay Resort and that's it. I know there has to be more AI Resorts than these two.??

    We are considering the USVI over other places simply because we don't have to worry with obtaining passports or the extra expense for them. However, we aren't opposed to any other location except Mexico. We don't like the fact that their law requires your ceremony to be performed in Spanish.

    I'm just really starting to stress. I feel like I'm going in circles with my research because I keep hitting dead ends due to budgets or no availability issues. Our wedding is 6 months away and I've accomplished NOTHING! It's not like I've waited until the last minute either; my FI proposed two weeks ago. I started wedding planning the very next day. I don't know maybe I'm expecting too much from this process, but I just thought I would have accomplished something in a two week time period. *sigh*


    http://www.tickerclu.../ac28bc59fb.png

    http://tickers.Ticke....FOA/weight.png

    The below website is a great tool! It's really helped me in my quest to lose weight and live a healthier life!http://img.thedailyp...os/promo_01.jpg

    #2 monicabrandon2008

    monicabrandon2008
    • Member
    • 794 posts

      Posted 09 July 2008 - 12:15 AM

      I wanted USVI for the same reasons as you and those are the only 2 AI I found as well.

      I quickly turned to Mexico because I love Mexico. We immediately applied for passports as well as our guests and we all got them in 1-2 weeks. Also, I planned our wedding in 6 months. Mexico has SO many great AI's , you may want to give it shot.
      First, pick what area and then start emailing the resort to see what dates they have available. I just got married under 2 weeks ago at Dreams Tulum and it was perfect! Hope this helps.
      HIGH FIVE, WE'RE MARRIED!!!
      http://i51.photobuck...vtburks/1-4.jpg

      #3 LadyP

      LadyP
      • Sr. Member
      • 3,156 posts

        Posted 09 July 2008 - 12:25 AM

        if you search out USVI or St Thomas I am sure you will find the answers you are looking for. We have done most of the researching already.

        Happy hunting.

        #4 futureeilen

        futureeilen
        • Newbie
        • 63 posts

          Posted 09 July 2008 - 12:33 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by akittrell
          I think we are leaning more towards the USVI for our weddingmoon, but I'm having a hard time finding many all inclusive resorts. So far, I've found Bolongo Bay and Windham Bay Resort and that's it. I know there has to be more AI Resorts than these two.??
          Marriott Frenchman's Reef also offers all-inclusive. It's sort of hidden when you search for prices - it's called Escape! Inclusive. The package also offers unlimited ferry transfers to Downtown Charlotte Amalie - nice perk! (they cost $6pp/way otherwise)

          We were down there in May and stayed at the Marriott for a couple of nights (we didn't do all-inclusive), so let me know if you have any questions on the property. It was gorgeous! Unbelievable views. We saw a couple of weddings, too - they looked beautiful.

          FWIW, one of the WCs for Marriott just moved in next door to my future in-laws on St Thomas...her name is April and they said she's really nice! Very ironic, since we were going to call her about Marriott weddings during our stay, but decided to hold our wedding at the in-laws instead...then she moves in next door 2 months later! Weird. Anyways, can't hurt to give her a call. Good luck!!
          Anaiah

          #5 cougs

          cougs

            VIP Member

          • VIP Member
          • 12,151 posts

            Posted 09 July 2008 - 01:55 AM

            i love st. thomas but those are pretty much the only all-inclusives and they are pretty pricey when compared to mexico.

            #6 KLC77

            KLC77
            • Sr. Member
            • 2,207 posts

              Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:05 AM

              In the initial stages of my planning I peeked at the USVI and didn't find many all-inclusives either and what I did find was pricy for the length of time we wanted to stay. Good luck! Let us know what you find.
              ~Kelly

              Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

              #7 akittrell

              akittrell
              • Newbie
              • 60 posts

                Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:32 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by monicabrandon2008
                I wanted USVI for the same reasons as you and those are the only 2 AI I found as well.

                I quickly turned to Mexico because I love Mexico. We immediately applied for passports as well as our guests and we all got them in 1-2 weeks. Also, I planned our wedding in 6 months. Mexico has SO many great AI's , you may want to give it shot.
                First, pick what area and then start emailing the resort to see what dates they have available. I just got married under 2 weeks ago at Dreams Tulum and it was perfect! Hope this helps.
                Thanks for the advice Monica, and congrats on your wedding!

                Is it true that when you are married in Mexico your ceremony has to be performed in Spanish? I'm getting mixed info on this. This is the main reason we haven’t looked at any of the resorts in Mexico. If it's not true then I’m going to start looking at the resorts there.

                It makes me feel better to know that you were able to plan a successful wedding within 6 months. We just got engaged two weeks ago, and we only have 6 months to do our planning. I'm really starting to get anxious as I never would have thought we wouldn't have a location picked at this point.
                http://www.tickerclu.../ac28bc59fb.png

                http://tickers.Ticke....FOA/weight.png

                The below website is a great tool! It's really helped me in my quest to lose weight and live a healthier life!http://img.thedailyp...os/promo_01.jpg

                #8 akittrell

                akittrell
                • Newbie
                • 60 posts

                  Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:33 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by LadyP
                  if you search out USVI or St Thomas I am sure you will find the answers you are looking for. We have done most of the researching already.

                  Happy hunting.
                  Any particular search engine you are using? Google just hasn't been much help at all for me.

                  Thanks for the help!
                  http://www.tickerclu.../ac28bc59fb.png

                  http://tickers.Ticke....FOA/weight.png

                  The below website is a great tool! It's really helped me in my quest to lose weight and live a healthier life!http://img.thedailyp...os/promo_01.jpg

                  #9 akittrell

                  akittrell
                  • Newbie
                  • 60 posts

                    Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:38 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by futureeilen
                    Marriott Frenchman's Reef also offers all-inclusive. It's sort of hidden when you search for prices - it's called Escape! Inclusive. The package also offers unlimited ferry transfers to Downtown Charlotte Amalie - nice perk! (they cost $6pp/way otherwise)

                    We were down there in May and stayed at the Marriott for a couple of nights (we didn't do all-inclusive), so let me know if you have any questions on the property. It was gorgeous! Unbelievable views. We saw a couple of weddings, too - they looked beautiful.

                    FWIW, one of the WCs for Marriott just moved in next door to my future in-laws on St Thomas...her name is April and they said she's really nice! Very ironic, since we were going to call her about Marriott weddings during our stay, but decided to hold our wedding at the in-laws instead...then she moves in next door 2 months later! Weird. Anyways, can't hurt to give her a call. Good luck!!
                    Thanks for the info! I'm going to check it out as well as some AI resorts in some other locations. The general consensus seems to be that the USVI is a little more pricey and not as many AI resort options. I'll PM you if I need her number once I've finished checking it out. :)
                    http://www.tickerclu.../ac28bc59fb.png

                    http://tickers.Ticke....FOA/weight.png

                    The below website is a great tool! It's really helped me in my quest to lose weight and live a healthier life!http://img.thedailyp...os/promo_01.jpg

                    #10 akittrell

                    akittrell
                    • Newbie
                    • 60 posts

                      Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:45 PM

                      Thanks! I'll let you know what I find out and what we decide on!
                      http://www.tickerclu.../ac28bc59fb.png

                      http://tickers.Ticke....FOA/weight.png

                      The below website is a great tool! It's really helped me in my quest to lose weight and live a healthier life!http://img.thedailyp...os/promo_01.jpg




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users