Photo

Welcome Gift Bags

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 lanalovesyou

lanalovesyou
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:57 PM

I am planning on giving my guests little welcome bags when they arive and I just wanted to grab a poll of who is doing that & if that is common for destination weddings?

I also dont know if I should give them to guests directly when they arrive or? Would you put it on their doorhandle the next morning?..For a guest list of about 30, how much would someone spend on each bag? And would favors still be given during the reception?

LanaAndStephen.com

#2 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,504 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:59 PM

Hi Lana,

Most of these questions can be answered by searching or browsing OOT Bags (out-of-town).

Lots of ladies have done them and most have posted pictures.

#3 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
      • VIP Member
      • 18,452 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:01 PM

i'm doing oot bags and favors. i spent around $35 to $40 a bag. I did about 16 bags. one per couple or one per single. i wouldn't leave them on the doorhandle someone might steal them. i would hand them to the guest directly. i'm going to hand mine out before we leave for the trip.
        ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
        Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
        Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#4 Alyssa

Alyssa
        • 11,793 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:04 PM

Lana,

I am moving this thread to the appropriate forum -please pay attention to where you post different subjects.

Thanks!

#5 Jamminworld

Jamminworld
          • 136 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:19 AM

We are doing OOT bags but not doing favors. We are only having a cocktail reception for our small group and then meeting informally for a later dinner together. In regards to cost I am trying to keep them around $20 but I will probably end up going over that. We are going to give them out prior to leaving to all of those we see and then take the remainder down with us to hand out on arrival.

#6 sassybride

sassybride
            • Banned
            • 294 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:24 AM

Staying at...RIU PALACE LOS CABOS

(Reception at the Westin Los Cabos)55 Guests attending

#7 Banana11

Banana11
              • VIP Member
              • 8,841 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:53 AM

I think most destination wedding couples do some sort of thank you gift for their guests. The OOT bags are great! I attended a destination wedding for friends of ours a few years back and they gave us all OOT bags and they were a huge hit!

We are going on a cruise with a group of about 20 people for our wedding. I'm trying to avoid doing an OOT bag because my friends did the same thing for their destination cruise wedding. Because of that i'm trying to come up with something a bit different. I'm leaning towards doing a pre-cruise care package and mailing it to them a few weeks before we leave. I think it may be easier than bringing everything along and assembling on the ship. Still not sure because there are pros and cons to mailing them versus handing them out.

I would for sure not leave them on a door handle because they would be easy for someone to steal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users