Sign in to follow this  
Cherielee

Sand Ceremony Question...

I'm not sure if theres a specific timing for it but I think for me I will do this at the end of the regular ceremony. I did a search here (for myself bc I was wondering about this topic today also) and the wording or script, if you will, has been discussed before. I copied and pasted this from another thread...hope it helps wink.gif :

Sample Sand Ceremony - 1

"Today, this relationship is symbolized through the pouring of these two individual containers of sand one, representing you BRIDE and all that you were, all that you are, and all that you will ever be, and the other representing you, GROOM, and all that you were and all that you are, and all that you will ever be. As these two containers of sand are poured into the third container, the individual containers of sand will no longer exist, but will be joined together as one. Just as these grains of sand can never be separated and poured again into the individual containers, so will your marriage be."

Sample Sand Ceremony - 2

"BRIDE and GROOM, today you join your separate lives together. The two separate bottles of sand symbolize your separate lives, separate families and separate sets of friends. They represent all that you are and all that you'll ever be as an individual. They also represent your lives before today. As these two containers of sand are poured into the third container, the individual containers of sand will no longer exist, but will be joined together as one. Just as these grains of sand can never be separated and poured again into the individual containers, so will your marriage be."

Sample Sand Ceremony - 3

"Today, BRIDE and GROOM, have chosen to commemorate their marriage through the celebration of the Sand Ceremony. This ceremony symbolizes the inseparable union of BRIDE and GROOM into a new and eternal marital relationship. Bride and Groom will simultaneously pour separate containers of sand into a common vessel. Each grain of sand in their separate containers represents a unique and separate moment, decision, feeling or event that helped shaped Bride and Groom into the separate and unique individuals that they are today. As they pour their separate containers of sand into a common vessel, those separate and independent individuals will cease to exist. Instead they will merge into a loving and supportive marital community. BRIDE and GROOM, just as the grains of sand can never be separated into their individual containers again, so will your marriage be."

Sample Sand Ceremony - 4

"OFFICIANT: Please note this empty glass. Glass, itself, is made from sand and the sands of time have come together, melting into one piece to make this vessel. The sands of time should remind us all of our eternal love and our mortality. Today BRIDE and GROOM have chosen to represent their love to each other in a special sand ceremony. Please BRIDE and GROOM, take your separate glass of sand and alternate the pouring of sand into this joining vessel and united, repeat after me: You are my love for eternity. I blend with you. My heart is like these grains of sands, merging with yours. I am yours. You are mine. We are together forever like the sand, like the wind. We are one."

We did our sand ceremony right after our ring exchange. DH's sister read the meaning of us joining the sand together, then we came back in front of the minister, he said a few more words and pronounced us man/wife.

We just watched our wedding video again over the weekend! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Martha View Post
So, no one is including their mothers in the sand ceremony? We intend to.
we're including our 5 year old daughter in the sand ceremony...we'll incorporate 3 different color sands.