How Do You Apply Foundation?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#11 Martha

Martha
  • VIP Member
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:56 PM

Yep, makes sense! I am a horrible painter...I hope I can do this. I just imagine myself having streaks!

Guess I should take a shower and experiment.

#12 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
    • 2,262 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:06 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Just Martha
      kabuki?
      Its a soft squat brush that covers your face in mins

#13 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
      • 1,881 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:12 PM

i hate foundation and never wear it. BUT when I get my makeup done at one of the counter they always use a brush and it looks really nice. You can get lessons from most places if you want to learn how to do it "like a pro"
        http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
        February 14, 2009

#14 Martha

Martha
        • VIP Member
        • 3,906 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:25 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by nikkianddean
          i hate foundation and never wear it. BUT when I get my makeup done at one of the counter they always use a brush and it looks really nice. You can get lessons from most places if you want to learn how to do it "like a pro"
          You are lucky! I have to wear foundation!

I got my make-up done yesterday, but didn't really pay attention to the technique or whatever.

I did buy a brush like the one she used though.

#15 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 9,504 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:29 PM

I use a sponge or brush.

Lately I've been using the mineral makeup, so I use a big fluffy brush for most of my face then a smaller one for problem areas and around my eyes.

#16 Bianca

Bianca
            • 1,057 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:32 PM

I use a brush that I got at some beauty store... it was like $15 I think... I've tried bare minerals and I loved the way it looked, but it made my face feel itchy (but it looked fine, didn't get irritated)
              19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!
              http://dw.daisypath.com/BM2Hm4/.png

http://dpabride.blogspot.com/

#17 Chiquita

Chiquita
              • 2,674 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:18 PM

Hi Martha.. I went to MAC and bought their foundation and brush. It works wonders to use a brush.. I never realized because I would usually just use foundation to cover up my problem areas and put it on with my finger. Once I started using a brush it just went on soooo much more smoothly and evenly. I will squeeze a bit of foundation on the back of my hand, and dip my brush into it and apply to my face.. love it!!!

#18 Martha

Martha
                • VIP Member
                • 3,906 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:33 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Chiquita
                  Hi Martha.. I went to MAC and bought their foundation and brush. It works wonders to use a brush.. I never realized because I would usually just use foundation to cover up my problem areas and put it on with my finger. Once I started using a brush it just went on soooo much more smoothly and evenly. I will squeeze a bit of foundation on the back of my hand, and dip my brush into it and apply to my face.. love it!!!
                  Excellent! That's how the artist at the Laura Mercier counter I went to yesterday told me how to do it.

I am going to try it tomorrow when I have errands to run. I never put make-up on when I am just going to be home all day.

Thanks!

#19 NewOrleansbride

NewOrleansbride
                  • 358 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:43 PM

I don't use foundation, but I use Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer. I absolutely love it! It's not to heavy, especially important on high humidity days, and it lasts all day. I've thought about trying the mineral make up for the wedding, but I'm addicted to Laura Mercier.
                    -Rachel

#20 Yvette

Yvette
                    • 510 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:00 PM

i use a powder foundation and a brush, bare minerals baby! love it!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users