Photo

Jury Duty??

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:25 AM

Has anyone been excused from Jury Duty (after showing up at court, that is)and played hookie from work the rest of the day??

#2 JennyK

JennyK
    • 3,502 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:25 AM

of course.. work's not going to make you come in since you have to take off for it..

#3 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
      • 1,881 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:26 AM

hell yeah!!! I lucked out once and we had half days so I would do morning JD and have my afternoons free for a week :)
        http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
        February 14, 2009

#4 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
        • 1,830 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:28 AM

I gave my mgr the Juror notice but she also knows that I served as a Juror last year...which is the reason they excused me. Now I'm wondering if she'll be questioning whether I was at court all day or not...or does that even matter. agghhhh

I so don't want to go in to work

#5 JennyK

JennyK
          • 3,502 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:31 AM

I actually got called recently and then got a letter saying I didn't have to go...weird! I don't know why but I didnt wanna question it either. I hate jury duty

#6 KatyKo

KatyKo
            • 851 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:33 AM

The one time I went in, I was in summer school in college taking calculus. As soon as I told the judge my calculus final exam was that same week, everyone in the court room grimaced and he let me go immediately. But I had already missed class for the day, oh well.

Funny this was brought up...FI had to go to jury duty today. He is a high school teacher though, so he isn't missing work.

#7 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
              • 1,830 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:34 AM

I just hope my manager doesnt question it since she knows I served last year.

#8 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
                • 1,881 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:36 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by LadyCheese
                  I just hope my manager doesnt question it since she knows I served last year.
                  that would really suck if she questioned you - you're a grown adult!
                  http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
                  February 14, 2009

#9 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
                  • 1,830 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:43 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by nikkianddean
                    that would really suck if she questioned you - you're a grown adult!
                    I know!! She's a bit anal like that...I'll just say I had to wait around court all day and they dismissed me in the afternoon.

when i served as a juror last year, there were still people who were called in to cases that had served in the past 3 years...they were asked if they served within that time frame and were sent back to the assembly room to wait some more.

oh well. I'm going to take a chance and not go in. wish me luck. LOL

#10 Infinity22

Infinity22
                    • 1,520 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 11:17 AM

What typically happens when you ignore a notification letter saying that you've been selected as a Jury Candidate?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users