Do/did you have a reception dress?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not intentionally have a reception dress. LOL

My dress was heavy and our wedding day was the hottest day of the trip1 It also had metal stays for shaping. During dinner I was having trouble breathing, not to mention eating because I couldn't bend at the waist, so I snuck out and slipped into my TTD!

No one noticed because they are similar in style, so everyone was shocked when I jumped into the pool after dinner. **See me rockin' in the avatar pic**

My advice would be to look for BM dresses that come in white. You can see mine in my blog and the model dress was white. It would be fun for you to still match your bridal party, but still look like the bride.

The dresses were from Bridal and wedding dresses, prom gowns and bridesmaid dresses from Mori Lee The Affairs collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCheese View Post
Oh this is the dress I saw in a magazine that I wouldnt mind having as a reception dress
Click the image to open in full size.
"This flowing, chiffon, tea length halter neck dress has a low cut front and a natural waist belt detail with crystal buckle."
Wedding Dresses, Bridal Gowns, Wedding Gowns from Sarah Danielle
Quote:
Originally Posted by B&J2008 View Post
Style 59706: Bridesmaids, Prom, Special Occasion & Evening: Bari Jay and Shimmer

I think I'm going to order this one but in white. I'm actually going to try it on today to make sure the size I need to order. Hopefully I think it is as cute on as it is in the pic.
I love both of these dresses! Could make cute RD dresses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattie View Post
For my AHR, I'm thinking of either something like

Suzi Chin Silk Dress with Sash - Bride Bridal Shop Dresses - Women's - Macy's

or

ABS by Allen Schwartz Embellished Silk Party Dress - Wedding Dresses - Nordstrom

Possibly something a little longer just so no one has a canary that its short ><
I LUV the Nordstrom dress!!!

Girls I am sooo glad I asked bout this you all have helped ...

I also agree with maybe finding my BM's dress in white would be a great idea too. I orig had 4 girls now I am down to 1 sooo I could use one of the other dress styles.

Lets keep this thread going...

Initially I said taht I was going to wear my wedding dress all day, but then my fiance and I decided on doing a special salsa song as our first dance and my dress won't accommodate. I want to be able to move freely w/out worrying about my fiance stepping on my dress. So recently I just bought a fun salsa type dress from Express and I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited about it. Also, I will be wearing my wedding dress again during my TTD session so I'm sure I will get enough wear out of it.

I also liked this one for a longer dress idea

Maggy London Chiffon Gown with Charmeuse Waist - Wedding Dresses - Nordstrom

This one I love for my MOH, but we're thinking of finding something more of a champagne pink to match the pink in my gown.

Suzi Chin Sleeveless V-Neck Dress with Buckle Detail - Bridesmaid Bridal Shop Dresses - Women's - Macy's