Photo

Do/did you have a reception dress?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 2bebridejamaica

2bebridejamaica
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:23 AM

So girls did you have or do you have a reception/dinner dress to change into? If you do where did you find it?

I am totally up in the air about this but I think it might be a good option to be thinking about since my WD is a fuller style and I don't want to be a wet rag baking in the sun totally uncomfortable. Past couple of weekends I have been strolling through the malls and online seeing what might be available but nothing has caught my eye. My intention is to have a simple chiffon knee length maybe with some straps or not... who knows.

Any help would be great... I'm at a on this one, and I know you girls always pull through!!

#2 KHarrod

KHarrod
    • 902 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:28 AM

I don't have one yet, but I definitely plan on getting a reception dress because my wedding dress is so heavy.

#3 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
      • 1,881 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:31 AM

I am planning to get a reception dress. I have not found it yet though...I know it will be short, but not sure on the color yet...
        http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
        February 14, 2009

#4 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
        • 1,830 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:37 AM

I always said I didn't want to change into another dress bc my wedding day is the only day I get to wear my beautiful dress but as of lately I keep wondering if I'll be able to dance comfortable in my dress or not. So I may buy a reception dress "just in case". My wedding dress is chiffon so its not very heavy but again I dont know how comfortable it will be to dance. hmmm, I'll have to think about this some more I guess.

#5 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
          • 1,830 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:39 AM

Oh this is the dress I saw in a magazine that I wouldnt mind having as a reception dress
            Click the image to open in full size.
            "This flowing, chiffon, tea length halter neck dress has a low cut front and a natural waist belt detail with crystal buckle."
            Wedding Dresses, Bridal Gowns, Wedding Gowns from Sarah Danielle

#6 2bebridejamaica

2bebridejamaica
            • 1,206 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 11:30 AM

See now that is exactly what I am talking about ... I have been on a hunt for something like that... My dress is all chiffon too but it's heavy and with all the recent super heat we have been having I tried it on and I felt horribly uncomfortable...

#7 KatyKo

KatyKo
              • 851 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 11:54 AM

My wedding dress is slim and not heavy/bulky. I have a feeling that I won't want to take it off, since I will never get to wear it again...so I will probably wear it for the reception. But it is fun having multiple dresses to wear :)

#8 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
                • 1,266 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:08 PM

I have a few... Im just not sure which one I want to wear.... I just bought 2 at Jane Norman here in the UK... LOVE THEM. They arent white though. I need color. White is so blah.

#9 Jeremy_Gilliam

Jeremy_Gilliam
                  • 335 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:50 PM

I had a bride in San Diego recently that changed out of her mermaid style dress into a fun little reception dress, how cute is this?

#10 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 9,532 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:55 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Jeremy_Gilliam
                      I had a bride in San Diego recently that changed out of her mermaid style dress into a fun little reception dress, how cute is this?
                      I LOVE THAT DRESS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users