My starfish and shell soap

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Jamminworld

Jamminworld
  • 136 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:46 AM

Click the image to open in full size.

These are going to go into my OOT bags. I added a tropical scent to them. FI says they smell like sunscreen lol. They have been really difficult to get out of the molds so if anyone has advice I would appreciate it. I only have 8 successfully done at this time but needed a break after continually burning my fingers.

#2 1elephant

1elephant
    • VIP Member
    • 15,998 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:56 AM

they look great! are you taking them out while they're still hot? if so, try putting them in the freezer for a few minutes first. you can also try lightly spraying the molds with rubbing alcohol before pouring the glycerin in.

#3 Mylee84

Mylee84
      • 287 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:18 AM

i love these! I was going to order mine off ebay! A lady in the same town makes them. Where did you get the stuff to make them?

#4 Jen_S

Jen_S
        • 3,737 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:22 AM

They are super cute good job! I was also thinking put them in the freezer.
          Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#5 Jamminworld

Jamminworld
          • 136 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:39 AM

I never even considered placing them in the freezer but will definitely be trying that. I did try rubbing the molds done with a little oil prior too filling them but it really didn't work. I'm having fun with these and love the fact that when I mess them up I can just go back and melt them and repour so no wasted materials.

I bought all of my supplies from Micheals. Mine really didn't have too many molds though. I found on ebay a ton of molds that I would have rather had but I really don't have the time to wait for shipping.

#6 Alyssa

Alyssa
            • 11,793 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:17 AM

how about spraying the molds with pam or baking spray first?

#7 1elephant

1elephant
              • VIP Member
              • 15,998 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:20 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Jamminworld
                I never even considered placing them in the freezer but will definitely be trying that. I did try rubbing the molds done with a little oil prior too filling them but it really didn't work. I'm having fun with these and love the fact that when I mess them up I can just go back and melt them and repour so no wasted materials.

I bought all of my supplies from Micheals. Mine really didn't have too many molds though. I found on ebay a ton of molds that I would have rather had but I really don't have the time to wait for shipping.
                that's what i loved about making soap - plus, you couldn't make a mess - it was SOAP!!!
                here's a link w/ some tips: How to Make 'Melt and Pour' Soap - wikiHow

#8 pryzeless

pryzeless
                • 614 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:36 AM

I have the same molds and are making soap too! I put them in the freezer for about 5 minutes and then run hot water on the bottom and they pop out fairly easily.

#9 Amarillis

Amarillis
                  • 1,913 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:52 AM

Those are so cool!!!

Your guests are gonna love them!

#10 Jamminworld

Jamminworld
                    • 136 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:21 PM

OMG I actually have completed my project. I'm so excited. This is what ended up working the best for me.

First I took vegetable oil and greased each of the molds. After I melted and poured the wax I stuck them in the freezer. I waited about 7-8 minutes for them before I took them out. When I tried only waiting 5 minutes they were still to soft and the center liquid. They popped out of the molds so easily after sticking them in the freezer though. I wanted to thank all of you so this suggestion it worked out great. Now all I have left is to bag them up but that will only take a few minutes. I am so happy with them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users