Photo

Finalized Guest List...Oops...

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 Amarillis

Amarillis
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:44 AM

we sent out 144invites (around 230 people), and have 56 people booked thus far...

fun times....

#12 MissyR

MissyR
    • 1,210 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:56 AM

We invited 90 and have 48 booked so far - looking like we will have around 55 when all the slackers have put their deposits down!

#13 Christi

Christi
      • 1,905 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 11:04 AM

We invited 70 and had 30 attend... most of the invitees said they were coming, but as it got closer to the date, many backed out for one reason or another (which was fine with us since we wanted to keep it small.)

#14 seaprincess

seaprincess
        • 753 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 11:07 AM

We invited over 100 people, and we have 43 booked right now, with a few people trying to book on their own and some procrastinators. We will probably have close to 50 people when its all said and done. I read somewhere that for a DW, expect 50% of the people you invite to make it....seems like a good estimate.
          Lindsay and Jamie - January 28, 2009

#15 kerryjbrown

kerryjbrown
          • 672 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 01:24 AM

It sounds like 40%-50% show from invited which is what the books had said. I am thinking by looking at the recent jump in plane tix that less will come. We are looking at LAX to Cabo right now at $550 for April...OUCH! I have never paid over $350 and really miss the days less than $200. I guess that is better than our Xmas trip this year which is shaping up to be $760....can this be or am I looking too early for both? Long story short, I think it will affect our attendance greatly...any one else feeling this?

#16 Yari

Yari
            • VIP Member
            • 10,928 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 01:44 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by kerryjbrown
              It sounds like 40%-50% show from invited which is what the books had said. I am thinking by looking at the recent jump in plane tix that less will come. We are looking at LAX to Cabo right now at $550 for April...OUCH! I have never paid over $350 and really miss the days less than $200. I guess that is better than our Xmas trip this year which is shaping up to be $760....can this be or am I looking too early for both? Long story short, I think it will affect our attendance greatly...any one else feeling this?
              Oh yes. I wonder if guests that haven't booked yet will end up not going.

#17 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 9,532 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:08 AM

Yes I totally think price will affect whether or not guests will come! I was able to negotiate a pretty good rate with my TA and now I'm afraid it might actually be TOO good and that too many people will come now. But oh well - I have to keep reminding myself that the more people there are, the more fun it will be! I'll worry about paying for all of it later...

#18 JennyK

JennyK
                • 3,502 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:25 AM

we unfortunately invited 188 ppl... ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! My FMIL INSISTED on invited a shhhhhhhhhhhhitload of people even though it's us that's paying for the reception. I'm hoping that only 50-75 come..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users