Sign in to follow this  
kerryjbrown

Finalized Guest List...Oops...

We invited 90 and have 48 booked so far - looking like we will have around 55 when all the slackers have put their deposits down!

We invited 70 and had 30 attend... most of the invitees said they were coming, but as it got closer to the date, many backed out for one reason or another (which was fine with us since we wanted to keep it small.)

We invited over 100 people, and we have 43 booked right now, with a few people trying to book on their own and some procrastinators. We will probably have close to 50 people when its all said and done. I read somewhere that for a DW, expect 50% of the people you invite to make it....seems like a good estimate.

It sounds like 40%-50% show from invited which is what the books had said. I am thinking by looking at the recent jump in plane tix that less will come. We are looking at LAX to Cabo right now at $550 for April...OUCH! I have never paid over $350 and really miss the days less than $200. I guess that is better than our Xmas trip this year which is shaping up to be $760....can this be or am I looking too early for both? Long story short, I think it will affect our attendance greatly...any one else feeling this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryjbrown View Post
It sounds like 40%-50% show from invited which is what the books had said. I am thinking by looking at the recent jump in plane tix that less will come. We are looking at LAX to Cabo right now at $550 for April...OUCH! I have never paid over $350 and really miss the days less than $200. I guess that is better than our Xmas trip this year which is shaping up to be $760....can this be or am I looking too early for both? Long story short, I think it will affect our attendance greatly...any one else feeling this?
Oh yes. I wonder if guests that haven't booked yet will end up not going.

Yes I totally think price will affect whether or not guests will come! I was able to negotiate a pretty good rate with my TA and now I'm afraid it might actually be TOO good and that too many people will come now. But oh well - I have to keep reminding myself that the more people there are, the more fun it will be! I'll worry about paying for all of it later...

we unfortunately invited 188 ppl... ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! My FMIL INSISTED on invited a shhhhhhhhhhhhitload of people even though it's us that's paying for the reception. I'm hoping that only 50-75 come..