#11 -Kate-

• VIP Member
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 11:03 PM

I say #2 - it's more bridal!

#12 Nrvsbride

• 5,248 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 11:04 PM

I agree with Tammy go for #2! It is so nice and it is the one you really want. This is your wedding day, you should feel special!

#13 Jessalyn

• 1,876 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 11:10 PM

I say go with #2!!

Yes, I ordered from RK Bridal. I think you'll be fine ordering from them (based on my experience). I trusted them more because they are a huge bridal store in NY and from what I've read they are reputable. I saw them mentioned in a book I read...I don't remember the title. Something about how to save money while planning your weddlng.

I had tried to order my BM dresses from House of Brides and it turned out that they didn't carry the dress or designer anymore (and I had found it on their website!)....they informed me of this through an email about 3 days after I ordered the dress, then it took them 3 weeks to refund my money. I haven't heard very good things about them.

Did I mention that my dress from RK Bridal came a month ahead of schedule?

Looking forward to hearing about what you decide to do!
        My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
        Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#14 Nrvsbride

• 5,248 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 11:13 PM

Jessalyn is RK bridal in Brooklyn by any chance? B/c if it is then I know a ton of brides who have purchased from them and had only great things to say about them. If it's the one I'm thinking of then Sara I would totally order through them.

#15 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 11:41 PM

I like them both.... Any chance we can "see" you in both dresses? It's amazing how differenty they can actually look on you.

#16 gkashmira

• 1,962 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 03:23 AM

I love #2. I also think #1 is pretty but it doesn't have that "special" feel you should have as a bride. What I like about the second dress is it's still light and floaty - very casual but also beautifula nd bridal. I love the lace! (my dress is lace as well and I am obsessed with it).
              Kashmira & Dan
              Happily married since June 16, 2007
              Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
              Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#17 SarahMc

• 146 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 03:42 AM

So, I went back this afternoon to try on the first dress - TammyM here's a picture, I know you love them and sorry I didn't have them before:
                Click the image to open in full size.

We'd shorten it to just below the knee, but a bride has the right to change her mind right? I had tried this one on on my first visit and kind of dismissed it because I didn't think it was right and I'd never hear the end of it from my mom, but I tried it on again today and she said that's the one, so did my best friend and I totally felt like a bride in it:

I still love the first one and was debating on getting two dresses, since it is so cheap, then I'd have a dress for the reception if I wanted to change. I love the dress I have now and it's in my mom's closet waiting for alterations, so no need to freak out about if it will be here in time. Thank you guys for all your advice!
                Sarah & James
                Dreams Los Cabos
                June 28, 2007

#18 anaderoux

• 3,220 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by SarahMc
                  This one is beautiful!!!! I love it!!!!! you look great on it!!!!

#19 Christine

• VIP Member
                  • 21,514 posts
                  • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                  • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 18 February 2007 - 11:27 AM

love it love it love it...my sister got a similar one and I think it's great with the sash.
                  Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#20 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 24,768 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 02:02 PM

have to admit - i like the one w/the aqua sash!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users