Help! I can't decide on a dress!

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 SarahMc

• 146 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 05:33 PM

I've narrowed it down to two, but can't decide. I want a really casual, beachy dress. I'm not a girly girl (although for some strange reason really liked it when they put a tiara on my head).

Dress #1Click the image to open in full size.

This is a bridesmaid dress from David's Bridal. I'm really comfortable in it and it's only $130 and available in six weeks. It's very light and definitely won't be too hot. I'm not sure about doing the short dress thing though. Of course, am not as skinny or tall as the model either.

Dress #2Click the image to open in full size.

This one's a Watters Dress and was the one I've liked all along. I tried it on today (a size too small) and still like it. I would need to get it rush to get it by May. Locally, I would have to pay $750 for it rush (my budget is $600) plus alterations, but House of Brides can get it to me for $429, RK for $400 (although they weren't very friendly on the phone and I really wanted a guarantee of delivery time). I've also contacted netbride.com and am waiting for a price quote. My fear with this one is the online ordering thing. I know Jessalyn and Janet both ordered online (found your links to RK and netbride on earlier posts - thanks!). I'm going to need alterations though, so will be close to my budget. What should I do? How do you decide? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Sarah & James
    Dreams Los Cabos
    June 28, 2007

#2 Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,996 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 05:35 PM

They're both really pretty Sarah. I think I like #2 the best though. Also, if this is the one you like best, even if it's more expensive you should go for it. Many brides on here have ended up being two dress brides, or returning dresses because they didn't go with the gut instinct the first time!

#3 amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 3,754 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 05:39 PM

I vote #2 as well. # 1 is very cute, but IMHO, I think its too casual for your wedding (esp. for the bride). But, it's your wedding and only you know your style...

#4 Christine

• VIP Member
        • 21,514 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
        • Wedding Location:Napa, California
        • LocationReno, NV

Posted 17 February 2007 - 06:12 PM

go with #2 and I think you will be fine with ordering online.
        Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#5 SarahMc

• 146 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 06:14 PM

thanks for the feedback...my gut says #2, but my budget gut says #1...I'm going back to try on #1 again this afternoon with my mom and best friend. Hopefully that will help. Has anyone used House of Brides...I saw the negative stuff on them, but couldn't find if anyone had actually used them. They were really nice and attentive on the phone.
          Sarah & James
          Dreams Los Cabos
          June 28, 2007

#6 SASSYGIRL

• 1,188 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 06:16 PM

Both dresses are cute but I would go for #2. I think it looks more like a wedding dress but it is still casual and beachy. I would totally order it online if you can save that kind of money. That way you will be able to get the dress you want and have the alterations done at close to what your budget is. I would get the dress you like the best and find a way to cut $100 from another section of the budget. Let us know what you decide! We can't wait to see pictures of YOU in the dress!
            Sarah's little girl-Isabella Nicole-10/31/08

#7 anaderoux

• 3,220 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 06:28 PM

#2 is definetly more "bridal"

#8 jillhiggins

• Banned
              • 386 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 06:36 PM

I really like #1 - it's pretty and simple. Plus - it looks like something you could be really comfortable in and have a lot of fun in at your wedding.

I like #2 also, but #1 just looks free spirited. I can picture you walking through the sand, wading in the water, and having a blast in it.

I think you could get some great earrings and shoes to really dress it up if you wanted to.

But that's just my 2 cents - I like brides to have F - U - N!

#9 mexico15

• 250 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 08:47 PM

It all depends on how you feel in them. If you still feel like a bride in a shorter dress...than go for that one! It is very adorable and at a wonderful price!! :) Just make sure it fits your personality and image of your perfect wedding :)

#10 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                  • 11,659 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 17 February 2007 - 11:01 PM

screw budget!! number 2...the lace is sooo pretty!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
                  Awards and recognition: 
                  Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                  Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                  Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                  sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                  Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users