Photo

Trying to Prevent a Wardrobe Malfunction-Help

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 MoonPalacePookie

MoonPalacePookie
  • 279 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 04:49 PM

So here is my dress, becuase of all of the fabric in the skirt, it is really heavy.
    Click the image to open in full size.

I was a bit worried about the strapless top, since I dont usually wear strapless, I was worried it would slide down and I would be constantly adjusting. The lady at the store assured me that since its so heavy and it sits perfectly on the hips, it will not slide down, which was true and I was happy.

I was at my parents house on Saturday and thought I'd try on my dress and practice dancing with my stepdad to see if its even possible to dance. I had no problems dancing, and the skirt swirls really pretty, but then i lifted my arm to do a spin and my boobs lifted along with my arm and the dress didn't. Luckily my stepdad is a bad dancer so he was looking at his feet the entire time and didn't notice, but I totally had a Janet Jackson moment. The problem is that the dress is so heavy, it doesn't move if i stretch up, so my boobs just go (while there's not much there, its still not something I want to do at my own wedding.).

So incredibly long story short-I need to do something to either make the dress move with me (Which i dont think will happen) or at least cover myself up a bit. I was thinking those stick on bras, but I know I'm going to be sweating buckets in the dress and i dont think they will stick. The other option is a stapless bra. Anyone else have this problem or has any ideas? I would love all input, including laughter.
    Robert & Eugenia

July 23, 2008

#2 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,504 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 04:55 PM

Try the Nu-bra? I think that it is what it's called.

I used the stick on chicken cutlet bra thing and I was sweating my a$$ off! It is still sticky so I can wear it again. I don't remember the brand but I got it at the boutique when I got my dress for $20

#3 Kat81

Kat81
      • VIP Member
      • 7,615 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 04:57 PM

Aw whats a little peep show at the reception? lol Poor thing. Are you wearing a bra under it? If not maybe try wearing one of those bras that goes around your waist too... It might hold the ladies in better.

#4 stacey

stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 4,853 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 04:58 PM

I dont have any advise for you. But I wanted to say that i LOVE your dress, its gorgeous!!
          Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

#5 MoonPalacePookie

MoonPalacePookie
          • 279 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 06:55 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by ErinB
            Try the Nu-bra? I think that it is what it's called.

I used the stick on chicken cutlet bra thing and I was sweating my a$$ off! It is still sticky so I can wear it again. I don't remember the brand but I got it at the boutique when I got my dress for $20
            I think I would be more comfortable with a full on bra, I'm a bit of a chicken when it comes to sticky things, but if the bra doesn't work, I'm definitely going to try the nu-bra, I looked it up and it looks great.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Kat81
            Aw whats a little peep show at the reception? lol Poor thing. Are you wearing a bra under it? If not maybe try wearing one of those bras that goes around your waist too... It might hold the ladies in better.
            I wasn't going to wear a bra under it, its so thick, I could get away with not wearing a bra, but I think that's what I'm going to do. I have a Victoria Secret 100 way bra, its the one that goes around the waist, but its in nude. I'm going to try it with my dress and if that works, I'll buy a white one of those. If not, I'll try the new bra. I think the problem is that i dont fill the dress all the way out, so there is a lot of space for the "ladies" to move, if I can fill that space with a bra, there might be less movement. We'll see, thanks for the advice.
            Robert & Eugenia

July 23, 2008

#6 MoonPalacePookie

MoonPalacePookie
            • 279 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 06:56 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by STACEY
              I dont have any advise for you. But I wanted to say that i LOVE your dress, its gorgeous!!
              Thank you, I love it too, otherwise I would have gotten rid of it a long time ago and bought something more beachy. Its miserably hot, my boobs pop out and it wont fit in a carry-on and forget carrying it, its the size and weight of a person. But its my dress and I'm sticking with it.
              Robert & Eugenia

July 23, 2008

#7 Kat81

Kat81
              • VIP Member
              • 7,615 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 06:57 PM

I had a really thin bra that went down around my waist. My dress wouldn't fit so we had to take it off and it worked. I didn't think that little amount of fabric would make such a difference. I hope it works for you. I LOVE your dress. You look like a princess

#8 MalibuBarbie

MalibuBarbie
                • 45 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:08 AM

What about having bra cups sewn right into your dress? I am having them put into my dress because I needed to fill it out a little more than what I have!LOL
                  Barbie

#9 1elephant

1elephant
                  • VIP Member
                  • 15,998 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:55 AM

i'd call the store, or bring it in, and ask them what to do. maybe they can sew in something to make it stick to you (like the stuff that keeps strapless bras up)...worst case scenario, you get double sided tape - that stuff always works!

#10 Jen_S

Jen_S
                    • 3,737 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:30 AM

Peep Show... LOL well not really! I looked at the Nubra you can only wear it for 4 hours so that may not be a option. I would sew something into the dress if you can.
                      Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users